TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FB
FBC
Jonwo posted:
At least we've moved on from the days when such a programme would probably have been called "The F***ing Teacher with F***ing Tourettes".

Think you're confusing Channel 5 with Channel 4....
Oh, come on! A mistake like that is hardly the end of the f***ing wo... wait.
BR
Brekkie
FBC posted:
Jonwo posted:
At least we've moved on from the days when such a programme would probably have been called "The F***ing Teacher with F***ing Tourettes".

Think you're confusing Channel 5 with Channel 4....
Oh, come on! A mistake like that is hardly the end of the f***ing wo... wait.

Post of the year. Very Happy

8 days later

BK
bkman1990
Some technical issues are present on Channel 5 at the moment.

They showed one episode of Lip Sync Battle UK for 30 minutes. It's now showing a repeat of Life with my Ex.
JO
Jonwo
Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small did 3.3m and won its slot. I believe not only is it Channel 5's best overnight in over 4 years but it's also the highest rated non BBC One and ITV drama since Humans on Channel 4 in 2015.
bai4943, TellyTime and what gave kudos
JO
Jonny
Listened to the Media Show interview with Ben Frow (Director of Programming) a while ago and not surprised to see the channel posting consistently strong ratings.

The team sounds very in tune with the channel's audience, not afraid to try new things based on past successes, but quickly moving on if such innovations don't pan out.

The channel's shows might rarely be my personal cup of tea, but there's clearly a market they're consistently connecting with, which has to be commended in these fragmented media times.
NL
Ne1L C
I know I've said this before but I have to give Channel 5 credit. I wasn't convinced we needed it in 1997 but its come on a bundle over the last few years especially in its factual output. Who could have imagined how different it would be from its Three F's format.

13 days later

GO
gottago
Jonwo posted:
Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small did 3.3m and won its slot. I believe not only is it Channel 5's best overnight in over 4 years but it's also the highest rated non BBC One and ITV drama since Humans on Channel 4 in 2015.

The first episode has now risen to 6m across 2 showings which will put it right up there with it's most watched shows ever, possibly the most watched?

WH
Whataday Founding member
I have to say I thought the consolidated number included any repeats, but perhaps not?

Either way a phenomenal result for Channel 5.
JO
Jonwo
Jonwo posted:

The first episode has now risen to 6m across 2 showings which will put it right up there with it's most watched shows ever, possibly the most watched?

The highest rated Channel 5 programmes IIRC was a Poland vs England Euro qualifier. At the moment, All Creatures is only the seventh most watch programme if we only count the first showing but there is +28 still to come which will likely elevate to the top spot.
Last edited by Jonwo on 14 September 2020 5:35pm
AD
adamiow
It seems that Channel 5 have been at it again with Holidaying With Jane McDonald and Friends repackaged into "new" series Jane McDonald's Weekends Away, which starts this weekend. I am guessing they will cut out the friends and add a bit of extra content in.
UN
Universal_r
Are channel 5 not carrying the prime ministers broadcast tonight?
JB
JasonB
Are channel 5 not carrying the prime ministers broadcast tonight?

It’s being repackaged as we speak.

Newer posts