TV Home Forum

Family Fortunes is back

Split from ITV Programming Thread (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
I wonder how they are going to spin it out for a full hour though.

Wasn't the All Star episodes an hour long?
JO
Johnr
They were 45 minutes then went to an hour after a couple of series I think

To pad things out no doubt a VT of the families, some 'banter' with Gino, then a long drawn out Big Money round (Is...tomato...the...top...answer?!)
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
I think they went back to 45 minutes after a few series of 1 hour episodes.

Originally, you had to score £300 barrier to progress to the final. This resulted in usually 5 round of questioning, sometimes 6. Whereas in Vernon's series, they played 4 rounds of questions and whoever had the highest score would go on to the final. Sometimes, they would play the final round of questioning - even though one team couldn't actually gain more points than the other team , which made it impossible to reach the final. This was frustrating to watch and a pointless exercise - just to fill the time up.

But the 1 hour episodes did feel overly padded with unnecessary banter in Vernon's series, especially with only 2 rounds of Single Money and 2 rounds of Double Money.

Bbiiggg Money!!! Smile
BR
Brekkie
Yes, really annoyed me how they doubled the length of the show but sometimes didn't even use the 5th player. I really do fear the banter we'd get from Gino.

A shame really they didn't just get Vernon back - he's a very decent presenter but hasn't really done much on screen since All Star Family Fortunes ended, though I think he now has, or did have, a daily show on Radio X.
:-(
A former member
Looks great. I kind of like the chaos that Gino brings to things like this.
DJ Dave and DeMarkay gave kudos
AA
Amber Avenger
Yes, really annoyed me how they doubled the length of the show but sometimes didn't even use the 5th player. I really do fear the banter we'd get from Gino.

A shame really they didn't just get Vernon back - he's a very decent presenter but hasn't really done much on screen since All Star Family Fortunes ended, though I think he now has, or did have, a daily show on Radio X.

Vernon left Radio X three and a half years ago - only did 18 months for them in the end. I think he's been the main presenter for Formula E worldwide for the past couple of seasons
TL
toby lerone 2016

Vernon left Radio X three and a half years ago - only did 18 months for them in the end. I think he's been the main presenter for Formula E worldwide for the past couple of seasons

Vernon did Formula E for Channel 5 probably soon after he left Radio X then when they lost the rights to the current BBC/Quest deal he worked for the World Feed as Amber quite rightly said. I think he appeared on some of the BBC programmes as well last year when they showed a couple of races on BBC Two
WH
Whataday Founding member
I wonder whether reports on Vernon's reoccurring texting scandal has perhaps made him less desirable to producers of family entertainment.
BR
Brekkie
Inappropriate texts obviously worse than a conviction for burglary then. No doubt though it did harm his career.

We'll see how Gino does - I guess at least with a canned audience he'll be well received in the studio. I didn't see his efforts on Win your Wish List but found him very annoying on Celeb Juice. And that is a show built around annoying.
Larry the Loafer and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
PF
PFML84
I found Vernon too shouty when he presented the show. Every sentence ended with him almost screaming the word out. It was too much on the ears!

Our survey SAID!
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think that was made more annoying by the way he decided to say "Our Survey Said" after every answer, whereas in the original run it was used very sparingly.
JO
Jon
These VTs are very similar to those on the All Star version. I wonder if it’s mostly the same people working on it.

Newer posts