TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Still no 50/60fps via Virgin or Roku either.
TI
TIGHazard
This may be a slightly weird question to ask, how long does editing for compliance usually take?

Channel 5 showed NFL Monday Night Football in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and it was available on My5 soon after. But then it disappeared (it is listed as available for 7 days) and several people have asked on Twitter why it disappeared. Channel 5 have responded 'the show needs to be edited to meet compliance restrictions. We don't have a timescale for this at present'
VA
valley
This may be a slightly weird question to ask, how long does editing for compliance usually take?

Depends on what needs doing. Blurring something out of every other shot, or just removing one graphic... they will take varying amounts of time.
HA
harshy Founding member

Dosent even work on my telly complains about hdcp
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Dosent even work on my telly complains about hdcp

HDCP errors generally indicate a problem with the physical connection or communication between your device and TV. May be fixable with a replacement HDMI cable at least v1.3.
FO
FanOfTV99
So Sky Sports News has had a technical problem which caused the headline graphic to display the "We apologise for the temporary loss of our headlines" caption at the bottom of the screen. I dont know if this will affect it too much as this happened during when SSN isnt live.
BB
BBI45
So Sky Sports News has had a technical problem which caused the headline graphic to display the "We apologise for the temporary loss of our headlines" caption at the bottom of the screen. I dont know if this will affect it too much as this happened during when SSN isnt live.

VA
valley

The overnight is recorded without the L-shape, which is then added live overnight by transmission, so it won’t make a difference.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Today's Europa League qualifiers on Premier Sports are not going well, smeary picture breakup on the Rangers game and a complete loss of feed on the Spurs game (not sure 'Back Soon' is the best wording on a breakdown slide I've seen). Obviously lots of very unhappy people on social media at the moment.
DV
DVB Cornwall
AZPV NOT offering their extra PL match free for all according to this tweet, unlike their 'extra' 2019/20 games, restricted to members only .....

BK
bkman1990
Good news for Irish golf fans. The Irish Open will be broadcast from next Thursday. RTÉ2 will have coverage from Thursday at 1pm.
DV
dvboy
Officially embargoed until Tuesday although the information is in Digiguide and elsewhere on the internet:
ITV will present their coverage of Roland-Garros from London, although Jim Courier, Marion Bartoli and Fabrice Santoro will be in Paris, presumably as they work for other broadcasters too. Jonathan Overend is a notable addition to the commentary team.

Not sure what Eurosport have decided to do, they were still considering options this time last week although like at this year's Australian Open, there won't be any seperate coverage for the UK from the pan-European coverage. Barbara Schett will be the main presenter and if they do go to Paris then Annabel Croft will be their main interviewer. I assume most of the commentary would be from London no matter where they decide to do the on screen stuff.
Last edited by dvboy on 17 September 2020 11:25pm

Newer posts