TV Home Forum

(ITV) Merit

Launches 29th July. Split from ITV Programming Thread (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
And what a farce that is, especially when That's TV undeservedly gets a prime slot despite being doing less for public service broadcasting than Babestation.

And Babestation does absolutely no public service broadcasting at all! Tut, tut.

Well, you could argue for some it, 'boosts morale' (if only for a few seconds)
JB
JasonB
Anything
And what a farce that is, especially when That's TV undeservedly gets a prime slot despite being doing less for public service broadcasting than Babestation.

And Babestation does absolutely no public service broadcasting at all! Tut, tut.

You could say they're servicing some of the male population.
NL
Ne1L C
Anything

Ooh Matron Shocked Very Happy
OC
Octothorpe
Minor schedule change I just noticed - on the 4th, the 10pm show changed from the USA version of My Kitchen Rules to the New Zealand version.
BR
Brekkie
Is this ending on Tuesday then or getting moved to 92 before being killed off? The EPG ends on Tuesday with the semi final of My Kitchen Rules NZ and the first of a two part episode of Most Haunted. Would be poor for any viewers that have stumbled across them to end at that point.
OC
Octothorpe
Sky have been messing about with Merit's schedule the past week or so. It seems to have a different schedule on weekends now; unsure what was shown last Saturday (could anyone fill in?) but last and this Sunday we have a Most Haunted double at 9pm and yesterday a double-bill of Inside RAF Brize Norton (rather strange thing to show given the channel's lifestyle slant). And on both Sat and Sun at 11pm they're now showing Psychic Sally on the Road. Unless Sky are testing out different scheduling formats (i.e. compatibility maybe) for a possible channel in the future that could use archive Sky programming or potentially for one of their minor channels (though their current Sunday supernatural line-up looks like a former Sky Living filler/off night) - although how they'll see if they'll work or not is baffling as BARB isn't measuring the channel (unless they have their own measuring and numbers for it) - this seems futile. Unless it's just that they're putting on programmes with no rhyme or reason; they are, after all, seemingly ending the channel not showing the endings of My Kitchen Rules or Most Haunted.

And regarding the channel's closure, @Brekkie, it seems like the channel's closing by at least Thursday, when the Freeview TV guide online says "Programmes are no longer available..." from 12pm. Why it's just blank on Wednesday is a mystery to me.
MO
Mockah
Anything

Dearest apologies; you are indeed correct! Very Happy
Last edited by Mockah on 16 September 2020 11:17am
OC
Octothorpe
Is this ending on Tuesday then or getting moved to 92 before being killed off? The EPG ends on Tuesday with the semi final of My Kitchen Rules NZ and the first of a two part episode of Most Haunted. Would be poor for any viewers that have stumbled across them to end at that point.

Looks like there was an EPG cock-up. Merit will indeed broadcast the final of My Kitchen Rules NZ S3 and the final part of the two-part Most Haunted tonight. The channel will cease transmission at midnight tonight; anyone planning to record its last moments?
Last edited by Octothorpe on 16 September 2020 3:19pm
PF
PFML84
Considering its temporary nature, does anyone care? It will probably leave as it came in, with very little impact or significance. Or it'll crash into a Sky Arts programme or ad break and carry on like nothing happened.
IN
Interceptor
Considering its temporary nature, does anyone care? It will probably leave as it came in, with very little impact or significance. Or it'll crash into a Sky Arts programme or ad break and carry on like nothing happened.

I'm mildly interested. Also, have Sky continued to use the same ident/breakfiller?
bilky asko, Lynetwork and Octothorpe gave kudos
OC
Octothorpe
Just out of interest, does anyone who's watched the channel recently know what types of ads Merit's been running? It may give some indication as to the viewership numbers Sky might have for it. If it's very cheap looking ads and no ads for high-profile brands you'd think it had very low viewing levels. Or do Sky have some form of system where brands/companies pay a certain sum for ad time and there's no channel selectivity involved, and they pay for their ads to be shown across the entire Sky bouquet of channels?
RE
Rexogamer
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but should we retune today or tomorrow? I'd like to get the retune done but not sure if it's the right time

Newer posts