The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
Has anyone managed to catch an interview on the news done via Skype / Zoom etc and it *not* have the sound break up? It’s just getting a bit boring now.

“I’m sorry, the sound keeps breaking up, we’ll have to leave it there” must be the most commonly used phrase on tv right now.

The Press Preview on Sky News has been pretty good most nights with no picture/video breakup problems. So have some of the Sky Sports vMix shows, although those are helped by a lot of them being pre-recorded.
BR
Brekkie
From what I've seen problems are few and far between. They happen, but not to the point they shouldn't be done and often even a crap Skype link can be fixed by refilling within 30 seconds.
VA
valley
Would I be correct in saying that NEP Bow Tie's Parliament unit have now relocated to their new facilities at Canon Row as planned, and now the Commons live feeds are now entirely HD from camera to end-broadcast gallery?

They are definitely not upscaled-SD on Sky News at the moment, as was happening previously...
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wonder how many days the BBC are going to keep voxpopping people who can’t count to six?

I’m sure stuff like this keeps Jon Kay in a job, as the vox pops more often than not seem to be in the Bristol area
MA
Meridian AM
I wonder how many days the BBC are going to keep voxpopping people who can’t count to six?

I’m sure stuff like this keeps Jon Kay in a job, as the vox pops more often than not seem to be in the Bristol area

More quality journalism Rolling Eyes
BR
Brekkie
Surely we're due another "confusing" quarantine announcement in the next day or two.
AN
Andrew Founding member
There needs to be a Covid news bingo card, every one you tick off you down a shot, you’d be needing the NHS yourself by the half way headlines in the One
MA
Markymark

Yes, although yesterday he had to travel all the way down to Plymouth to find confused people unable to count to six
CM
cmthwtv
I say this as someone who hates voxpops myself, I would probably say this normally - however - is there really any need to ask Peter from Plymouth what he thinks of new rules? And whether Sally from Somerset can get a test? (BBC Breakfast this morning)

We know that the new rules are in place, and we can make our own minds up of what to think of them. We also know that the testing is shocking at the moment. But I don't need to hear a personal experience as if you are simply observing the pandemic...
DE
derek500
This is why I like Times Radio, with no phone-ins from people who don't like/understand the rules or from people who can/can't get a test whether they're eligible for one or not.
Rolling News and London Lite gave kudos
MA
Markymark
This is why I like Times Radio, with no phone-ins from people who don't like/understand the rules or from people who can/can't get a test whether they're eligible for one or not.

Yes. I do like the 'ambiance' of Times Radio, the absence of ads helps too (There are some god awful irritating radio ads at present too)
DE
derek500
News channels. Can we stop asking morons on the street what they think about things?

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1306641476022145024

Newer posts