The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
Okay, the presentation is a bit odd, but this is no different to what happened previously: "Thank you Home Secretary" <cut to Kay's MCU> "Now joining us from Westminster our political correspondent Joe Pike. Joe, what did you make of that?"

Just this time they're in the same studio. Big deal!
PE
Pete Founding member
I commented on the strange setup not the Tweet that linked the video.

The way the tweet failed to embed nicely made it look as if it was part of your post sorry. So therefore read my reply as aimed at the tweeter not you.
BR
Brekkie

Incidentally, the BARB figures are out for Burley's new show and unsurprisingly it doesn't make top the15. Stephen Dixon makes number one with the 8am half hour of his Sunday show and number eight for the 7.30am 30 minutes.

Bet Kay loves that!

Is it just less weekend competition which means the weekend editions have always performed rather well - presumably the overall available audience at 7.30 on a Sunday morning is less than that on a weekday.
DE
derek500

Incidentally, the BARB figures are out for Burley's new show and unsurprisingly it doesn't make top the15. Stephen Dixon makes number one with the 8am half hour of his Sunday show and number eight for the 7.30am 30 minutes.

Bet Kay loves that!

Is it just less weekend competition which means the weekend editions have always performed rather well - presumably the overall available audience at 7.30 on a Sunday morning is less than that on a weekday.

Just had a look at this week in 2015 and Eamonn Holmes has a few entries in the then top 10 and is just about on a par with the weekend shows.
CW
CraigWills

Bet Kay loves that!

Last time I checked Stephen had a co-host...
TR
trance
https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/1305762478736003073

I assume the reason for asking her to stay seated is logistical, so not to get in the way of cameras? And then wait to be told when to walk off.
MA
Meridian AM
Yes, after an interview yesterday or the day before, Kay told the interviewee to ''stay seated and someone will help you off in a moment'', as she made her way to talk to the male reporter at the wall.
The talking about the person while they are still sat in front of them does come across as odd and awkward, but i don't think it's meant to come across as bitching about them behind their back (literally!).
BR
Brekkie
https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/1305762478736003073

I assume the reason for asking her to stay seated is logistical, so not to get in the way of cameras? And then wait to be told when to walk off.

Hasn't bothered them in the past.

Jory, derek500 and Meridian AM gave kudos
MA
Markymark

Bet Kay loves that!

Last time I checked Stephen had a co-host...

While presenting from home, it seemed to be his cat
GU
Gusan
There was a farcical interview at 10.45 on Ian King Live.
The interviewee had the Sky News web feed coming from somewhere and it was difficult to hear what he was saying over the long-delayed audio. It carried on for 2 minutes, when by that time there were 2 or 3 layers of garbled sound. God knows how either of them kept going or why the gallery didn't stop it within seconds.
MA
Markymark
Umm, Sky having trouble with geography !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPNpVYlWma/?igshid=1uoz0mh2m1y4y
BA
bilky asko

They picked the wrong Sunderland - the hamlet in Cumbria, part of the Blindcrake parish.

Newer posts