BR
Brekkie
Flat simple graphics feels so 2019.
JO
Josh
It's happened again!

BF
BFGArmy
Kimberley handled that brilliantly. I remember finding her presenting a bit ‘cold’ when she first joined Sky but she’s fantastic these days - a much warmer presenting style.
fusionlad and Universal_r gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Just watching a sports update on Sky News and they’ve updated some of the graphics used following the Sky Sports refresh. It was introduced with a vertical wipe rather than the horizontal ones Sky News tends to use.

Do they still normally use the Sky Sports News sidebar? It wasn’t used just then and come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve seen it for a while.
VA
valley
Just watching a sports update on Sky News and they’ve updated some of the graphics used following the Sky Sports refresh. It was introduced with a vertical wipe rather than the horizontal ones Sky News tends to use.

Do they still normally use the Sky Sports News sidebar? It wasn’t used just then and come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve seen it for a while.

Currently the sports bulletins gallery (PCR11) is being used for the main SSN programming to reduce staff needed - as it’s an automated gallery - so the camera for sports bulletins is patched directly to the main news galleries and the programme is run from there.
That’s why there’s no L-shape or SSN-style wipes. It’s also why the programme isn’t so polished, as there’s no chance for rehearsals.
London Lite, uktvwatcher and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
DE
derek500
This is new line of presentation, talking about your guest, literally behind their back!

We hear so much about how Conservatives damage democracy by not appearing on the likes of Radio 4 or Channel 4.

This is why.

Petty, rude and disrespectful attempts to humiliate a holder of one of the great offices of state from your breakfast show just to look good on Twitter. https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/13057624787360030731
JO
Joe
The tweet seems to have gone. Could you explain what it was? It seems like there was a photo/video included – what was it?
DE
derek500
This paste works for me!

Sky News forces guests to sit and listen while Kay & Co literally slag them off behind their backs, with no right of reply.

Does anyone else find this incredibly rude and distasteful? pic.twitter.com/LQzwFRuGx6

https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/1305762478736003073
MA
Markymark
This paste works for me!

Sky News forces guests to sit and listen while Kay & Co literally slag them off behind their backs, with no right of reply.

Does anyone else find this incredibly rude and distasteful? pic.twitter.com/LQzwFRuGx6

It's very strange from a presentation point of view, but they're not making any personal or insulting comments about her, just making observations on her policy statements ?
JO
Jon
That is quite funny. But I’d hardly say they were slagging her off. Not at least in the short clip posted.
Last edited by Jon on 15 September 2020 2:54pm
PE
Pete Founding member
This paste works for me!

It's very strange from a presentation point of view, but they're not making any personal or insulting comments about her, just making observations on her policy statements ?

No they're not attacking her. If anything it's just the strange ways we have to do things due to corona forcing this. How is it different from a guest sat on a sofa on Marr while the next guest attacks them and then they have to sit grinning at the music act ten mins later?
DE
derek500
I commented on the strange setup not the Tweet that linked the video.

Incidentally, the BARB figures are out for Burley's new show and unsurprisingly it doesn't make top the15. Stephen Dixon makes number one with the 8am half hour of his Sunday show and number eight for the 7.30am 30 minutes.

Bet Kay loves that!

Newer posts