The EPG has changed with a BBC News Special now airing 3:45-5:15pm on BBC One

Pointless airs as scheduled at 5:51

The press conference airing an hour earlier than was previously the norm

So what is airing between 5:15 and 5:51? Wink
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
The EPG has changed with a BBC News Special now airing 3:45-5:15pm on BBC One

Pointless airs as scheduled at 5:51

It's probably difficult to know which broadcast should be labelled as 'Pointless' Very Happy
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
Bloody press conference - Here we go again, the profit of doom conference to scare the **** out of everyone, just what we need on afternoon television.
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Bloody press conference - Here we go again, the profit of doom conference to scare the **** out of everyone, just what we need on afternoon television.

Yep, they're just cashing in on the situation Cool
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
As posted in the BBC Scotland thread there is some controversy over the BBC stopping screening the Scottish press conferences on BBC1 Scotland and BBC Scotland on a routine basis. Turns out the same decision has been made in Wales, although they continue on S4C.

https://nation.cymru/news/news-in-brief-bbc-cuts-back-on-coverage-of-welsh-government-covid-19-briefings/
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
AA
aaronspence
As posted in the BBC Scotland thread there is some controversy over the BBC stopping screening the Scottish press conferences on BBC1 Scotland and BBC Scotland on a routine basis. Turns out the same decision has been made in Wales, although they continue on S4C.

https://nation.cymru/news/news-in-brief-bbc-cuts-back-on-coverage-of-welsh-government-covid-19-briefings/

Confused how the BBC can justify this. I don't feel like they can with one face claim to be a public broadcaster which we pay a licence fee for and then also not feel covering these briefings is a public broadcaster service.

They have picked the wrong time to drop these, numbers are going up at an alarming rate.
AA
aaronspence
When you go to make a BBC Complaint they have singled this incident out at the top, which I've not seen before, perhaps quite a lot being received.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint
TE
Technologist London London
The BBC reply is at
https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaint/politicsscotland11092020

In simple terms the Briefings will be covered on tv on the same basis as similar events in Wales and England .... based on news values
And the full briefing will be uniquely available live on the website
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I'm not sure how frequent the Scotland ones are now but Wales going down to weekly, with an additional briefing every 3rd Friday (as Wales stick to reviewing lockdown every 3 weeks) seemed to work well and ensure they remained relevant. If they were still happening daily then fair enough to scale back coverage, but weekly is a different matter IMO.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Has anyone managed to catch an interview on the news done via Skype / Zoom etc and it *not* have the sound break up? It’s just getting a bit boring now.

“I’m sorry, the sound keeps breaking up, we’ll have to leave it there” must be the most commonly used phrase on tv right now.
JO
Joe
I agree, it’s really tiring to watch. I don’t think it helps that many of us have to sit at a computer all day being part of them at the moment – having to watch them on the news afterwards is quite fatiguing. Sure, I get that things are different and it’s not the worst thing ever, but it’s still a bit tiresome, especially now the novelty has worn off.
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today
Has anyone managed to catch an interview on the news done via Skype / Zoom etc and it *not* have the sound break up? It’s just getting a bit boring now.

“I’m sorry, the sound keeps breaking up, we’ll have to leave it there” must be the most commonly used phrase on tv right now.

Very annoying on the news channels. On live shows like This Morning, Loose Women and The One Show too.
The delays are awful and presenters always end up talking over the person and it is not comfortable to watch.
Getting very tedious now.

Newer posts