The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Why does the Ten need its presenter to spend 10 hours preparing for it? The difference in prep between the Ten and, say, the 9am hour doesn’t exactly come across on screen.

Not doubting it of course but not really understanding the difference when an hour of the news channel is pretty similar to the viewer to the Ten these days.

I agree I don’t see a difference in prep, and I’m sure I heard somewhere the News Channel presenters don’t get into the building until about 2 hours before they go on air.
JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
Surely if the Ten presenter is also doing the Six they can’t be spending 10 hours prepping for the Ten, as they’re prepping for the Six most of the day? So only spend 3-4 hours at most prepping for the Ten. And obviously if Huw is doing the Five he is spending most of the day getting ready for that?

(Sorry if I sound a bit clueless).

He also has editorial input and writes scripts, Newsnight comes in at the same time as Hwu, Six & Ten are same production team. Think Victoria gets in about 5am to prepare for the nine. Breakfast start preparing as soon as ten goes off but presenters get in about 3-4am
Last edited by JF World News on 10 September 2020 8:58pm - 3 times in total
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Surely if the Ten presenter is also doing the Six they can’t be spending 10 hours prepping for the Ten, as they’re prepping for the Six most of the day? So only spend 3-4 hours at most prepping for the Ten. And obviously if Huw is doing the Five he is spending most of the day getting ready for that?

He also has editorial input and writes scripts, Newsnight comes in at the same time as Hwu, Six & Ten are same production team. Think Victoria gets in about 5am to prepare for the nine. Breakfast start preparing as soon as ten goes off but presenters get in about 3-4am

You've edited your post 3 times but still can't spell 'Huw' properly. Wink
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today

You've edited your post 3 times but still can't spell 'Huw' properly. Wink

No need to change your hue, just because they can't spell Huw.
And of course, the thing you must not do if the ape is enraged is the Macarena.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Maybe time they moved into the 21st century and just introduced the Huwbot.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
LE
lesmauresfr (previously nagolhcir) Meridian (South East) South East Today
You know that the 1 & 5 are produced/prepared by the same team (same as the 6 and 10 are). Would make sense if they integrated their presenters.
UN
Universal_r Central Reporting Scotland
The clock on the ticker has stayed up through the weather and now through the headlines. They seem to be having problems with it today every time I look a part of it is missing.
BB
bbc247 London London
Minor schedule change been uploaded to BBC website from tomorrow for the NC. Now showing Sportsday after the Ten again then the Papers at 10.45.

Previously it showed the Papers at 10.30.

Could this be to do with Newsnight's new studio (as mentioned in the Newsnight thread) and the Papers now moving back to E?
MI
m_in_m Anglia (East) Look East
Apologies if I’ve missed something, but has Studio B been closed for good? Wikipedia says it has been ‘mothballed’, meaning it could come back? Could somebody explain? Thanks!

No it wont have been closed. It technically has been mothballed though, meaning it has closed for now but is available and ready to be ready to broadcast in short notice. It will be back.

Any idea what short notice means? Would this be for a planned event like an election or more urgent need e.g. a studio failure?

Also does A get used at all now? I guess Newswatch might be the telling one for that - though no reason D couldn't be used instead.

Newswatch this week seems to be from a CSO clip studio. The guest who was interviewed was on the newsroom camera.

Unfortunately it seems the sound from the newsroom camera was picking up significant background noise. The guest was the BBC's Head of Statistics so perhaps isn't used to placement of a clip mic and as the mic wasn't dipped when he was off screen. I wonder if they used the bare minimum team possible to get the programme to air perhaps using the old BBC Three gallery system rather than say A's?
JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
I doubt it, but maybe Katty Kay & Philippa Thomas are doing a special '9pm hour' they are both coming on air soon... Thomas a former North America Correspendent
SA
StarlightArthur New member World News
I doubt it, but maybe Katty Kay & Philippa Thomas are doing a special '9pm hour' they are both coming on air soon... Thomas a former North America Correspendent

Is this an RGB News Special?

What time does it begin?
HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

Is this an RGB News Special?

What time does it begin?

Guessing with JF saying 9pm hour I would guess it is 2000GMT

Newer posts