TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

JO
Jonny Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
TTRWE posted:
The fact they're already having to hack them to be just white on various graphics because the transparent background doesn't work on air in many situations. If a design needs a hack on day one, it's bad design.

The version with "Sky" in white will be a secondary variant, for use on backgrounds where the primary logo would be illegible.

*I would speculate* the new brand guidelines will stipulate the primary blue variant to be used wherever possible - white to be used only where blue cannot be accommodated (the Premier League example being a perfect demo of that).
youtube
NL
Ne1L C Recently warned Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
"Trolling with the fact someone should be fired" is rather immature during a time of uncertainty for many across the world.

Logo roll outs have teething problems, especially across multiple territories. Have some thought of all the teams involved who have delivered, working day and night. Sky continues to deliver new channel after new channel whilst all working remotely.

Opinions are fine but keyboard warriors need to calm down.

Very true. I'm sure that in ordinary circumstances that these bugs would have been ironed out. But we are living in extraordinary circumstances which have forced all of us including Sky's logo designers to adapt . There are more important matters to be concerned about.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Very true. I'm sure that in ordinary circumstances that these bugs would have been ironed out.

If something obviously wasn't ready, then you simply don't release it until it is.
VA
valley
TTRWE posted:
Very true. I'm sure that in ordinary circumstances that these bugs would have been ironed out.

If something obviously wasn't ready, then you simply don't release it until it is.

If you have a deadline and suddenly end up with other things needing more attention, you release something and then improve it over time.
And let’s be honest, I don’t think anyone is tuning in to watch the channel DOG - indeed, I wonder how many viewers would even notice that the branding has even changed?
AJ
AJ London London
TTRWE posted:

In an ideal utopia, perhaps. But more often than not, you'll find commercial pressures take precedent and launches have to happen for a number of reasons with iteration being a fact of life.

There was obviously a decision to launch for the new EPL season, which they always do. You can guarantee that people would be kicking off in here if they launched a rebrand mid-season. It's a lose lose.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Full screen graphics on the cricket right now look superb. Navy blue, white and dark red with a white Sky Sports logo. Really smart.
JI
jimbob647 Central (West) Midlands Today
Full white horizontal version of the Sky Sports NFL logo now being used on SkyQ EPG. Thumbs up
KU
Kunst World News
New logos today on Sky Sports Italy

Newer posts