TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

VA
valley
Looks fine 🤷‍♂️ chill out!

I'm pretty chill already Phil. Just posting my observations... Rolling Eyes

First few minutes of the season preview show had a similar issue.

That one would be wrong even with the old DOG... don't they normally use the SS News logo when they simulcast?

Not for special simulcasts, no.
JL
J. Lyric
I might as well mention it because I don't recall anyone doing so in this thread.

Sky Sport in Germany [minus Sport Austria at the time of writing] has obtained the new look.

boredom_true
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
2 and 4 are both dedicated Bundesliga channels? Wouldn't it make more sense for those to be called Sky Sport Bundesliga 1 and 2 then, with 1 and 3 being Sky Sport 1 and 2
JL
J. Lyric
JAS84 posted:
2 and 4 are both dedicated Bundesliga channels? Wouldn't it make more sense for those to be called Sky Sport Bundesliga 1 and 2 then, with 1 and 3 being Sky Sport 1 and 2

I feel like I should clarify:

Sky Sport has 14 channels. Has HD equivalents. Sky Sport Bundesliga has 10. Also has HD equivalents. Sky Sport Austria, as mentioned previously, has four. Again, has HD equivalents.
boredom_true
JL
J. Lyric
Take a look at their guide to see more.

https://www.sky.de/tvguide-7599
boredom_true
VA
valley
JAS84 posted:

Sky Sport has 14 channels. Has HD equivalents. Sky Sport Bundesliga has 10. Also has HD equivalents. Sky Sport Austria, as mentioned previously, has four. Again, has HD equivalents.

It’s even more confusing than the UK channel list.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
JAS84 posted:

How come Sky Deutchland have so many channels for football? Do they show EVERYTHING down to even the local scout group 5-a-side matches?
NG
noggin Founding member

How come Sky Deutchland have so many channels for football? Do they show EVERYTHING down to even the local scout group 5-a-side matches?

Could it be that there are lots of simultaneous matches ?
KU
Kunst World News
I'd argue that Sky UK is more of an oddity in not showing all the simultaneous matches (they actually can't , which is another story), and yes, they're all for simultaneous matches

Even Sky Italia have it many "Sky Sport" additional channels, which used to be "Sky Calcio" , and still belong to a Calcio package
KU
Kunst World News
They're of course shut down, when not showing these additional matches of Serie A and Serie B
SK
skyviewer
I might as well mention it because I don't recall anyone doing so in this thread.

Sky Sport in Germany [minus Sport Austria at the time of writing] has obtained the new look.

As I reported Sky Sport News already adapted the new look on 5th August and was the first channel to feature the new logo.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Looks like the colour police have been called in to Sky Sports.

Looks like nobody bothered to see how they worked on graphics, if you want to see the worst one of the lot, press the red button on the F1 channel. The word sky is illegible.

These logos are awful, whoever designed them should be fired. It's like they designed them without any idea how they actually work on TV in practice.

The fact they're already having to hack them to be just white on various graphics because the transparent background doesn't work on air in many situations. If a design needs a hack on day one, it's bad design.
Last edited by TTRWE on 12 September 2020 1:41pm - 3 times in total
Ittr and Meridian AM gave kudos

Newer posts