The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
So, I was watching some of the RNC last night, and this title sequence reminded me of the old Sky Sports News titles...

RNC (go to 11:55ish if you don't end up there automatically)

Old SSN:
BK
bkman1990
The RTÉ Autumn Schedule launch on Wednesday says that RTÉ News will have Bryan Dobson & Caitriona Perry presenting the Irish coverage of the U.S. Presidential Election from Studio 3. Washington Correspondent Brian O'Donovan will be giving live analysis on the election from Washington DC along with other studio guests to give expert analysis on this year's U.S. Presidential Election. It is also the 1st time that this election coverage from RTÉ News will be available in the revamped Studio 3 since it was unveiled in January 2019.

Full coverage will also be available on the new RTÉ News app & RTÉ News channel.

9 days later

GE
thegeek Founding member
Tonight's Channel 4 News had Krishnan Guru-Murthy in Wisconsin (interviewing Jacob Blake's father).

It wouldn't surprise me if he was primarily out there for the campaign trail, and possibly the election itself.
BK
bkman1990
Mary Trump is doing an interview on promoting her book, about her uncle Donald Trump's rein as U.S. President, for The Late Late Show with Ryan Tubridy on RTÉ One this Friday night. I suppose this interview will be done remotely as she couldn't be in the studio to do it.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0909/1164128-mary-trump-and-stolen-city-set-for-late-late-show/
AM
AphroMan
Do we know about BBC plans yet? Thought Andrew Neil was brilliant last time but he seems to have a lower profile on BBC now. Likewise Katty Kay, who seems to be taking a break.

Wonder if they might ask Emily Maitlis to host - she was excellent on the touchscreen last time and she did the daytime shift after the recent UK General Election so has experience of election night hosting.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Four header .....

Maitlis, Kay, Sopel and Fraser.

No need to use Neil at all.
Brekkie and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Do we know about BBC plans yet? Thought Andrew Neil was brilliant last time but he seems to have a lower profile on BBC now. Likewise Katty Kay, who seems to be taking a break.

Wonder if they might ask Emily Maitlis to host - she was excellent on the touchscreen last time and she did the daytime shift after the recent UK General Election so has experience of election night hosting.

Katty isn't taking a break, she's on at 21:00 Mon-Thur,
AM
AphroMan
Good, I was going off this

https://twitter.com/kattykay_/status/1289860755760672768

Glad she is back
TM
TMD_24
Wonder who Sky will use now they don't have Jeremy Thompson? I think if I remember, they used Adam Boulton for the mid-term coverage but these days he seems to not be fronting most of the big events and was replaced for overnight coverage of the UK Elections by Dermot Murnaghan. Prehaps it'll be Dermot that does the overnight or potentially Mark Austin as those two are the ones that seem to get the big gigs at the moment.
BR
Brekkie
I'd tip Mark considering he started out in the US for them.
London Lite and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Here's some screengrabs of a socially-distanced 'town hall' debate held outdoors by CNN with Joe Biden:

Last edited by scottishtv on 18 September 2020 1:49am
BK
bkman1990
I like the BBC's trailer for Vote 2020 with their pinball machine.

Newer posts