Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Jon posted:
This contestant looks familiar....

https://millionaire.fandom.com/wiki/Davyth_Fear

Surely you're not allowed to take part again?

Edit: It was his brother.
So he wins half a million, then his brother goes one better? What a clever family!
SS
SuperSajuuk
Pretty amazing work by him! He pretty much showed the ideal way to win a million, he never needed the lifelines! Also loved the graphic/lightning they did, the only sad part was that Jeremy couldn't run over and hug him profusely or even produce a £1 million cheque as a prop in the way Tarrant used to do, but those are so minor just to see that Jeremy can finally say he's watched over a contestant win £1 million and now he'll more than likely feel even more elated as people win money on the show.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Jon posted:
Did they use the proper million pound win music? I can’t really remember.

They did yep.
BH
BillyH Founding member
I didn’t see it, but what’s this guy’s background? All the Tarrant era millionaires were either already massively wealthy and/or known quiz champions who’d already won many other TV and radio shows across the circuit.

The fact his relative was on the show just last year gives me Ingram vibes a bit...
bkman1990 and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
He really should at least have made Jeremy sweat a bit. Is he the first to get that far only using one lifeline?
DeMarkay and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
SS
SuperSajuuk
He really should at least have made Jeremy sweat a bit. Is he the first to get that far only using one lifeline?

He's actually not the only one to have reached the £1 million question with only one lifeline used, but would be the only one answering it without using any more. Arguably you could say he used none of his lifelines because he obviously knew the answer to the one he used 50:50 on and could have probably guessed luckily without needing it.

Judith Keppel, David Edwards (who used them all on a single question for £125k) and Ingram Wilcox had already used up all their lifelines before reaching the question so were answering on their own knowledge. Robert Brydges used his last one (50:50) and seemed to just use it to confirm his answer. Pat Gibson had only used Ask the Audience by this point and used the remainder on the question itself.
DE88, MarkT76 and Brekkie gave kudos
JA
JAS84

Judith Keppel used Ask the Audience on Q9, 50/50 on Q11 and Phone a Friend on Q12.
David Edwards used all three lifelines on Q12.
Robert Brydges used Ask the Audience on Q9, Phone a Friend on Q13, and 50/50 on Q15.
Pat Gibson used Ask the Audience on Q11 and the other two lifelines on Q15.
Ingram Wilcox used Ask the Audience on Q5, Phone a Friend on Q8, and 50/50 on Q10.
DE88, MarkT76 and Brekkie gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
I thought Donald was a fantastic winner to win £1 Million. It was a great win as he thoroughly deserved it. Congratulations to him. Very Happy

Rageh Omar has just put the story about the £1 Million win in the preview for tonight's NaT.
Owen A, MarkT76 and DeMarkay gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
In a weird way I think it worked better not having an audience because it gave Jeremy a chance to have a proper chat afterwards.
Jeffmister, bilky asko and DeMarkay gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
An outtake of Jeremy appeared moment's ago with him saying the f word twice on It'll be Alright on the Night.
SuperSajuuk and DeMarkay gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Really nice to see on social media many of his former students really singing his praises and the effect his teaching had on them.
JO
Johnr
That was a fantastic game, I suspect there were more than a few jaws open by the producers at how he just confidently gave the answers like they were the £100 - £1000 ones!

A shame he didn't do a John Carpenter and ring his Dad, or even better his brother to tell him he was about to beat him Very Happy (the family connection alone was a unexpected twist!)

Jeremy could hardly contain his emotions enough to close the show off!

Newer posts