Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I wonder what the "cinema scope" effect he plays with was intended for? Something NC1 had available for general use (not sure what though) or has he created that on the fly?
As he mentions that would have really stuffed up the rest of the afternoon - no doubt some very short links to get through everything in time for the 18:00:00 junction.

I think it was just a wipe effect.
RB
RobinBlamires05
The “Cheggers Checks It Out” prog would date very quickly, what with the chart unveiling moving to Sunday the following month.

What may have seen the Broom Cupboard Top 10 rundown replaced by “Blah Blah Blah”
showing a pop video with viewers dedications scrawling over it.

Either that or my memory’s being rubbish.
RD
RDJ
An interview on Live & Kicking with Steps. I think by watching this it's painfully clear why the Steve and Emma combination didn't really work. I'm not sure if any one person is more to blame than the other, they just don't bounce off each other at all and things seem a little awkward with a noticeable lack of chemistry when they communicate with each other.

That combined with a trio with an abundance of chemistry on ITV, and it's clear to see why L&K suffered so much.

Also interesting to see that L&K kept it's 'PO Box 8181' address when the 8181 telephone number was dead by this point.

BU
buster
They kept it until they moved to Glasgow in April 2001!
NW
nwtv2003
A slightly unusual Channel 4 closedown here, whatever ITV region this was recorded from doesn’t have enough adverts to fill the whole break, so instead of a programme menu, there’s a simple filler before the actual closedown:

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Might have been what was on the sustaining feed. Channel 4 didn't just display black screens when an ITV region was airing their adverts and there are no doubt examples of adverts not materialising at all for whatever reason, usually because either none had been sold or a machine somewhere didn't fire off.
LE
Lester Founding member
A slightly unusual Channel 4 closedown here, whatever ITV region this was recorded from doesn’t have enough adverts to fill the whole break, so instead of a programme menu, there’s a simple filler before the actual closedown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hBvGZNF5pE

CWilliams1976 dreams have come true!
NL
Ne1L C
ARGHHHH!
JA
james-2001
It's about 20 minutes too short, and missing a droning voiceover, to be a cwilliams fantasy Razz
IS
Inspector Sands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hBvGZNF5pE

It does look like that caption was being put out by Channel 4 as their breakfiller.

The fact the announcer says that tomorrow nights line up is a surprise suggests there was some disruption to the schedule. Therefore if there was normally a menu in that break filler then either they didn't know what was going to be on or it was decided too late to make up a menu.
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 11 September 2020 8:31am - 2 times in total
SC
Si-Co
One of a couple of Channel TV closedowns that have recently been uploaded - this one includes part of the “News in French”. Not sure why CTV had a French news bulletin - was it because many Islanders spoke French, or because they attracted French tourists? Or was CTV picked up in parts of France?

IT
IndigoTucker
Lots of French speakers live on the islands. Think of the place names, ie Fremont, Les Platons,...

Newer posts