TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
J. Lyric
I find this to be the biggest "tee hee" I've ever seen.

I extracted the Sky Sports NFL logo from their website, and the gloss was... let's go with "messed up".
VA
valley

I extracted the Sky Sports NFL logo from their website, and the gloss was... let's go with "messed up".

Yeah I noticed that the other day - seems to be fine on the website though.
JL
J. Lyric

Yeah I noticed that the other day - seems to be fine on the website though.

That's probably because of how small it was originally - to make the image, I took that exact vector, I didn't mess with anything - all I did was scale it up, and that's what it looked like.
PF
PFML84
The reflective glossy line on the stacked NFL logo is just full on diagonal on the Sky Sports TV Guide page.

This is how it appears at the top of the page for Sky Sports NFL.

SK
skyviewer
I am sure this has been already discussed but can anybody explain to me after which criteria Sky selects which type of the new logos are put where. Because I know I have seen the new sky one, Atlantic etc. logos in a version where the sky letters have the same colours than the box that follows, light blue and cyan in this case. Now during the promos for new shows the sky letters though mainly are white as the letters of the channel type in the box that follows.
JL
J. Lyric
I am sure this has been already discussed but can anybody explain to me after which criteria Sky selects which type of the new logos are put where. Because I know I have seen the new sky one, Atlantic etc. logos in a version where the sky letters have the same colours than the box that follows, light blue and cyan in this case. Now during the promos for new shows the sky letters though mainly are white as the letters of the channel type in the box that follows.

The versions with the white "Sky" are usually reserved for darker backgrounds, if I'm not mistaken...
JL
J. Lyric
The reflective glossy line on the stacked NFL logo is just full on diagonal on the Sky Sports TV Guide page.

This is how it appears at the top of the page for Sky Sports NFL.

I don't know who was in charge of putting the logos there, but whoever did, they must have messed with something somewhere without knowing it.
PL
plymouthbloke1974
Sky Sports F1 now has the new branding and DOG. So that’s three of them done.... maybe they’re doing one channel a day? 😂
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Sky Sports F1 now with the new logo. Different DOG style to NFL, like the previous one with the channel name/F1 logo beneath the Sky Sports logo, instead of to the side like NFL, though now animated in the same way, with the Sky Sports animating on like the other channels, and the F1 logo and accompanying border sliding down afterwards
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Sky Sports F1 now with the new logo. Different DOG style to NFL, like the previous one with the channel name/F1 logo beneath the Sky Sports logo, instead of to the side like NFL, though now animated in the same way, with the Sky Sports animating on like the other channels, and the F1 logo and accompanying border sliding down afterwards

any screengrabs for those who don't have sky sports please?
PA
PATV Scunthorpe

Sky Sports F1 in the 'old style' with the F1 logo underneath, just updated with the new logo

Sky Sports NFL in the new style with the NFL logo added on the right hand side
ME
mediamonkeyuk

Sky Sports F1 in the 'old style' with the F1 logo underneath, just updated with the new logo

Sky Sports NFL in the new style with the NFL logo added on the right hand side

Thanks for this. I think the layout on the NFL one is better... Never did like the extra bit underneath as it seems too square!

Newer posts