TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
The celebrity episode of The Chase which was shown this evening was recorded in 2018, and appears to be an episode which was previously unbroadcast.

I think they recorded quite a lot of The Chase in 2018 due to Bradley Walsh’s Doctor Who commitments.
BR
Brekkie
I actually managed to catch a repeat of the Celebrity Chase a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't seen before. Feel like now I've seen most editions at least twice.

Even pre-COVID though it seemed to be getting more common to have quiz shows sat on the shelf for quite some time before broadcast - and usually a question or two gives it away. I guess the more in demand the attached talent gets, the more it makes sense to film more episodes in fewer filming blocks.
SJ
sjames
There's a pre-COVID series of Celebrity Catchphrase that seems to have been filmed but not shown yet. I only know that because we got word at the charity I work earlier in the year that one of the celebs had chosen us to give their winnings to. However they're not in the line-up for the new series starting soon, so maybe sitting on the shelf for a while too.
BH
BillyH Founding member
The one I saw live in July 2016 wasn’t shown too late after, it had a Paralympic athlete as one of the contestants and from memory it aired in September during the Paralympic Games in Rio that year.

To my delight, Colin Baker from Doctor Who was also one of the contestants and absolutely stormed his round, an extremely clever chap.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Family Fortunes now in the schedule

JB
JasonB

I wonder if they will use the All Star version of the theme or will there be a remake of the 90's one?
WH
what

I wonder if they will use the All Star version of the theme or will there be a remake of the 90's one?

Or better yet, a remake of the original theme?
JO
Jon
I would say the 90s one is the most memorable. So I would guess a reworking of that or something brand new.
MarkT76 and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
The All Star variant was very good. I suspect they won't stray too far from that.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
The Martin Lewis Money Show has a new logo for the new series. https://twitter.com/MultiStoryTV/status/1303017000302764032?s=19
BR
Brekkie
It's been nice not having him crop up everywhere over the summer, though I think he has now stepped down from some of his roles on the daytime shows in order to concentrate on his own show.
Alfie Mulcahy and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Look as if they’ve re-purposed the SNT set for Martin Lewis.
Last edited by DeMarkay on 10 September 2020 8:21pm

Newer posts