TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

VA
valley
NFL still showing as Sky Sports Action (text and logo) on the BT Youview guide.

It still does so on the online Sky (Sports and overall) EPG when you click on individual programmes.
WI
willparkinson Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Very strange version of the NFL logo now showing on the iPad app. All white with nfl logo boxed off underneath like the current set. Really hope this isn’t the new HD dog it looks amateurish.
JT
JackTheTellyFan London London
Sky sports racing now using the new logo (but none of the other channels)- has there ever been a more inconsistent rebranding for a set of channels?
AJ
AJ London London
Sky sports racing now using the new logo (but none of the other channels)- has there ever been a more inconsistent rebranding for a set of channels?

Give it a minute! They're obviously working through the rebrand and you'll likely see more with the start of the new football season this weekend.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
I think it is likely that Premier League and Football will rebrand this weekend.

Here's the new trailer end board for PL. I have seen one for NFL which as it only used the left hand space for the game information, the (what in this video is the blue background with the PL logo texture) right hand side was red with the NFL logo texture, so that seems to be a common theme.

“Nostalgia’s cool, but it won’t help me now, the dream is good, if you don’t wear it out.”
VA
valley
The Sky Sports Football channel is now using the new logos for their Nations League highlights.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
I am sure I'm in the minority here, but although I like the new style logos (and implementation) for the other channel, I just don't think they work for Sky Sports where they are wanting to retain the bi-colour format.

The unboxed element is lost on some backgrounds, and can't be swapped to black/white as for other channels. I wonder whether they should have gone for the 'sports' box being blue with a red coloured font (or the other way round).
VA
valley
The unboxed element is lost on some backgrounds, and can't be swapped to black/white as for other channels.

Why not? This Transfer Talk thumbnail is using the new SSN logo in black/white.
PF
PFML84 UTV Newsline
They have social media logos that break the branding anyway:-

Sky Sports Football - all red logo
Sky Sports Boxing - red and black logo
Sky Sports Premier League - all dark blue logo
Sky Sports Cricket - all light blue logo
Sky Sports Darts - all green logo
Sky Sports Golf - all green logo
Sky Sports F1 - red and black logo
Sky Sports Rugby Union - blue logo

It isn't very consistent...
Last edited by PFML84 on 9 September 2020 7:45pm - 3 times in total
SK
skyviewer
I think they will rebrand on Friday, at least the German Sky Sport does it on the 11th with the start of the national pot play offs. So both countries will apparently do it more or less simultaneously
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
The unboxed element is lost on some backgrounds, and can't be swapped to black/white as for other channels.

I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

Yes, of course they can use the B&W print version, but then they lose the colour identification of the channel.

Will their single colour channels, they can always use the boxed element in its assigned colour, and swap the 'sky' to black or white depending on the background. With Sky Sports being red & blue, they end up losing one.
VA
valley

I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

Yes, of course they can use the B&W print version, but then they lose the colour identification of the channel.

Will their single colour channels, they can always use the boxed element in its assigned colour, and swap the 'sky' to black or white depending on the background. With Sky Sports being red & blue, they end up losing one.

Ah, right. I don’t think they’re going to be too fussed about it.

Newer posts