TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
Joe posted:
You’d assume that the company would pronounce its name as it wishes to.

And, one presumes, because they're an American company, they're using the American pronunciation of the word "guru" as well.
Alfie Mulcahy, DeMarkay and Joe gave kudos

10 days later

PF
PFML84
More4’s DOG seems to have shifted to the right of the screen and right on the edge of the 16:9 frame and it looks like it would if it was on a 4:3 programme stretched to fill the screen. Same on +1 so it seems to be a decision rather than an error.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
More4 HD is in the correct position and sizings, so it could be an error.
JO
Josh
E4 are to air Jackie Stallone's Big Brother episode tonight due to her passing:
JA
james-2001
Yeah... Jackie.
AS
Asa Admin
A reminder to please create new topics or have a quick scan to see if a more suitable one exists.

There was already an active Bake Off thread.
Last edited by Asa on 25 September 2020 2:30pm
JO
Josh
Question that has just come to me:
When it comes to ECPs, is there an option to squeeze them (in cases of films where credits are centred) and an option just to overlay (in cases of Channel 4 shows where the credits are left-aligned)?

19 days later

JO
Josh
I believe that was a new 'Black and Proud' ident just now.
DB
dbl
BR
Brekkie
They could at least have made a sting to go with the ident too.
FA
fanoftv
dbl posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFJHZK1fiY

That made my eyes go funny!
GO
gottago
Interesting gossipy anonymous comment under a Broadcast article about the C4 head of nations and regions praising their first year in Leeds:

Quote:
Here’s an alternative view of C4’s Leeds commitment:
The most senior role (daytime controller): shifted to Glasgow
Promised move of presentation from London: abandoned
Flagship local commission, the Steph show: to Expectation and a tiny token local partner
Leeds HQ studio: abandoned
C4 News Leeds bureau: on hold, popularly rumoured to have been quietly abandoned
C4 News regional co-anchoring: as above

The commenters on Broadcast do generally have a decent insight on what's going on so I wouldn't be surprised if the news and studio bits are true, they've certainly been very quiet about those aspects since the move to Leeds happened.

Newer posts