The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
Prob, we’ll have to wait and see, but wouldn’t all the regions go back to north east tonight, anglia tonight with the reem font then?

It sounds like someone forgot the name of the programme.
It was only changed in 2013, so it's understandable that the old name may still be on the tip of their tongues (!) 🙄
BB
BBI45
Prob, we’ll have to wait and see, but wouldn’t all the regions go back to north east tonight, anglia tonight with the reem font then?

It was only changed in 2013, so it's understandable that the old name may still be on the tip of their tongues (!) 🙄

To be fair, my mum still occasionally refers to the breakfast programme on ITV as 'GMTV'.

(It only feels like a couple of years ago that I was getting ready for school with GMTV on in the background. How on Earth has it been 10 years?)
Last edited by BBI45 on 6 September 2020 10:51pm
MA
Meridian AM
BBI45 posted:

To be fair, my mum still occasionally refers to the breakfast programme on ITV as 'GMTV'.

(It only feels like a couple of years ago that I was getting ready for school with GMTV in the background. How on Earth has it been 10 years?)

I understand that the public may confuse GMTV and GMB, as they sound so similar.
I've heard people call This Morning 'Good Morning', etc. I guess it's all the same to casual or occasional viewers.

But it isn't good when ITV employees trying to promote a programme to the public don't call it by the name the company wants it to be called.
Last edited by Meridian AM on 6 September 2020 11:14pm
Alfie Mulcahy, BBI45 and DeMarkay gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM

ITV News Meridian to be rebranded as ''Meridian Tonight'' apparently.

The weather forecasts during GMB were sub-regional today. There was one for the South and Oxfordshire region and a different one for the South East region. It has been many months since they did this. I guess the other ITV regions will have sub-regional forecasts back today as well.
Presumably all of the regions that used to have 2 news presenters will go back to that today, not only 'Meridian Tonight'.
Alfie Mulcahy and Ballyboy gave kudos
LO
Londoner
My dad only recently stopped referring to the regional news as ‘Day by Day’
Alfie Mulcahy and Soupnzi gave kudos
BL
bluecortina
BBI45 posted:

(It only feels like a couple of years ago that I was getting ready for school with GMTV on in the background. How on Earth has it been 10 years?)

What is the ITV breakfast programme called? I honestly don’t know.
MA
Meridian AM
BBI45 posted:

What is the ITV breakfast programme called? I honestly don’t know.

The Piers Morgan Show
MA
Macalolo

The weather forecasts during GMB were sub-regional today. There was one for the South and Oxfordshire region and a different one for the South East region. It has been many months since they did this. I guess the other ITV regions will have sub-regional forecasts back today as well.
Presumably all of the regions that used to have 2 news presenters will go back to that today, not only 'Meridian Tonight'.

There will not be a return to ‘Meridian Tonight’
JK
JKDerry

Read the tweet carefully again about Meridian, and you see it is just the way it is written - watch Meridian tonight, meaning watch the channel ITV Meridian tonight to see them back together.
MA
Meridian AM

Read the tweet carefully again about Meridian, and you see it is just the way it is written - watch Meridian tonight, meaning watch the channel ITV Meridian tonight to see them back together.

I know it’s not changing its name, but the tweet says 'Watch Meridian Tonight at 6pm on Monday'...
JK
JKDerry

I know it’s not changing its name, but the tweet says 'Watch Meridian Tonight at 6pm on Monday'...

It was just poorly written, for example if I wrote watch London Tonight at 6pm, I mean watch ITV London, not London Tonight as a programme name. I think that is where the confusion for some comes from. It will stay ITV News Meridian.
JK
JK08

It was just poorly written, for example if I wrote watch London Tonight at 6pm, I mean watch ITV London, not London Tonight as a programme name. I think that is where the confusion for some comes from. It will stay ITV News Meridian.

Thats not what’s happened here though, as you wouldn’t capitalise “Tonight” in that instance, and more importantly the tweet was sent on Sunday, specifying that the reunion would happen on Monday. It was clearly a slip and they used the old name.
Meridian AM and Ittr gave kudos

Newer posts