TV Home Forum

Britain's Got Talent 2020 Set Design- Discussion

(July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
m_in_m
The work that must have gone into editing and post production on it feels immense. Would each audience stream have been recorded locally and then time synced to combine?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
It really bugs me when for no apparent reason TV programs switch to a cinematic aspect ratio mid way through a program. Why can't they keep the aspect ratio the same throughout and for the screen is designed to be shown on.
Larry the Loafer and Universal_r gave kudos
SS
SuperSajuuk
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's only a small number of actual audience members connected via presumably a Zoom meeting on that audience wall. If you look carefully, many of the sources are just repeated over and over across the screen, sometimes the same source is duplicated right next to each other. So likely the audience just consists of family and friends of the participants, which has then been computer-generated to repeat as many times as possible to create the illusion of a large audience.

In the current circumstances, it works pretty well and it could easily be reused in any future series of BGT if the situation requires it (although with more audience members)
Last edited by SuperSajuuk on 5 September 2020 9:07pm
Universal_r, DeMarkay and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
TV
iloveTV1
I think it’s working quite well under the circumstances.
BR
Brekkie
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there's only a small number of actual audience members connected via presumably a Zoom meeting on that audience wall. If you look carefully, many of the sources are just repeated over and over across the screen, sometimes the same source is duplicated right next to each other. So likely the audience just consists of family and friends of the participants, which has then been computer-generated to repeat as many times as possible to create the illusion of a large audience.

Certainly repeated images on the wall but the audience watching was very much genuine.

They're using the set very well - seem to have a couple of performance areas.
Last edited by Brekkie on 5 September 2020 9:28pm
DeMarkay and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
SS
SuperSajuuk
Certainly repeated images on the wall but the audience watching was very much genuine.
For sure, I wasn't intending to suggest the audience was completely false, just that it was a small audience that was programmatically repeated across the screen to create the illusion of a larger audience. Very Happy
BR
Brekkie
Quite surprised they're showing phone numbers throughout the show when one act will be put through before lines open. Indeed surprised they're using phone numbers at all now - I thought other ITV shows had switched to app only.
DM
DeMarkay
Surely if Ashley Banjo is filling in for Simon, he should be Head Judge?
BR
Brekkie
Well this Top 3 reveal is even more awkward than normal with no one technically going home. Should have just named the top three.

P.S. The Diversity performance was outstanding. The reason no dance act has come close to them since is because none have had a choreographer as original as Ashley Banjo.
DeMarkay, TVMan and UBox gave kudos
TV
iloveTV1
By waiting until 10th October, we’re just going to forget who the acts are? Why not have a VT next week telling us who won the public vote?
BR
Brekkie
Yes, agree with that. Easy enough to have an insert with them being video called.
Universal_r, Alfie Mulcahy and iloveTV1 gave kudos
TV
TVMan
For sure, I wasn't intending to suggest the audience was completely false, just that it was a small audience that was programmatically repeated across the screen to create the illusion of a larger audience. Very Happy
I was in the “virtual audience” and can confirm it was very much for real
cal0906, SuperSajuuk and DeMarkay gave kudos

Newer posts