TV Home Forum

UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
That’s actually not a bad idea.

ITV News NI would be fine and a very simple name brand. Will ITV management have the balls to change it? They will weigh it up against the opinion of UTV viewers.
BA
Ballyboy
Any of you got twitter, I can’t screenshot tweets. According to Paul Clark we won’t have long to wait before he and Rose are reunited.
JO
Josh

BR
Brekkie
Well most regions are going back to two hosts from Monday. Remains to be seen if UTV continuity returns - I was personally of the opinion ITV didn't really have any plans to ditch it pre-pandemic but now they have for six months with little issue I'm not sure there is much advantage in returning it.
PF
PFML84
Any of you got twitter, I can’t screenshot tweets. According to Paul Clark we won’t have long to wait before he and Rose are reunited.

You don't have to, click on the share button on the tweet, and "copy link to tweet", then click the Twitter icon in the reply box and paste the code there, and voila!
UT
UTVLifer
Do we know yet when Pamela and UTV Life will be returning as most other output has more or less returned to normal for now at least?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Does itv news Ulster have a ring to it?

I was thinking that the other day.
PF
PFML84
I imagine if they ever did change the name, it would be ITV News NI. I very much doubt we will ever see the 'Ulster' name used again.
UT
UTVLifer
I do wonder how much longer UTV (if they ever get their regional identity back) will continue the UTV brand. I can't foresee the ITV Creates going into 2021 but I do feel that ITV had finally struck gold with the 2013 logo. I don't really like the 2019 ITV logo, but I did like the 2019 pres with the 3 layers.
IS
Inspector Sands
I imagine if they ever did change the name, it would be ITV News NI. I very much doubt we will ever see the 'Ulster' name used again.

Its quite surprising that the BBC still use it really
TI
tightrope78

Its quite surprising that the BBC still use it really

'Ulster' actually has a lot less political connotations attached to it than 'Northern Ireland' does. Everyone agrees that Ulster represents the 9 counties in the north of Ireland however it is not overly contentious to use it in terms of the six counties that constitute Northern Ireland. The term 'Northern Ireland' is much more loaded with various meanings etc.
JK
JKDerry
UTV is the best option. It is why they changed it to UTV in 1993 - it fits all parts of the community in Northern Ireland. Also, the U was many times inferred as "Your" or "You" TV, meaning this is your channel, rather than a shortened Ulster Television title.

UTV name brand is excellent and trusted in Northern Ireland, I am sure it will remain there, as this region is very different from Channel Television, Granada etc.

Newer posts