The Newsroom

LBC News Discussion

Global launches 24hr rolling news station (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Also worth noting that David Mellor also provides analysis of PMQ's on LBC News as well.

When I listened to the analysis on LBC News the other day, I thought I'd tuned into the main LBC station by accident, but they seem to want to pad out the output with ranty callers instead these days of providing equal analysis for Dave in Enfield.

98 days later

LO
Londoner
LBC has adopted a new style for its video clips, with more advanced pres elements - clock, flipper etc.

NW
nwtv2003
I’m not sure whether it has anything to do with Adrian Shelling leaving, or could be coincidental. The style is similar to Talk Radio’s video clips.

LO
Londoner
To me, the new style looks like its paving the way for all-day video streaming, like TalkRadio does on YouTube
JK
JKDerry
Talk Radio is nipping at the heels of LBC Radio for listeners. Even though I am not a fan of their political slant at Talk Radio, I do like their presentation style.
LL
Talk Radio is nipping at the heels of LBC Radio for listeners. Even though I am not a fan of their political slant at Talk Radio, I do like their presentation style.

Their Rajar would suggest otherwise. From a tv presentation pov, I like their graphics and the way they've adapted to providing a live streaming service of their programming, but Global's LBC is much more sophisticated in the way they've turned radio station studios into a hybrid tv/radio format. talkRADIO hasn't quite got there yet, nor Times Radio with regards to adapting their studios for television.

As for LBC's graphics, aren't they the same ones used for their general election coverage which was streamed on YouTube?
GL
globaltraffic24

Their Rajar would suggest otherwise. From a tv presentation pov, I like their graphics and the way they've adapted to providing a live streaming service of their programming, but Global's LBC is much more sophisticated in the way they've turned radio station studios into a hybrid tv/radio format. talkRADIO hasn't quite got there yet, nor Times Radio with regards to adapting their studios for television.

As for LBC's graphics, aren't they the same ones used for their general election coverage which was streamed on YouTube?

Indeed. Talk Radio has roughly 430,000 listeners a week, while LBC has more than 2.7 million listeners per week.

However, it’s clear both broadcasters recognise the potential for online video acting as a pseudo TV channel. I’m always surprised the UKs newspapers didn’t adopt this approach. If you look to countries like Sweden, newspapers have basically saved themselves from collapse by hiring entire TV production teams, building news studios and acting like full broadcasters. For around a year, TV3 in Sweden even met its news compliance rules by simply rebroadcasting one of the leading newspapers online morning shows!
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes, TalkRadio have a way to catch up on LBC, but then LBC is more established, has an FM outlet and a better DAB slot.

Their attitude to their figures is similar to Piers Morgan's for GMB. I haven't seen one for a while but there seemed to be a lot of social media posts about their mid morning presenter and how well his figures were apparently doing. I don't know whether it was a bot or paid posts or whether he's running a cult, but it was very annoying
AndrewPSSP, London Lite and Londoner gave kudos
LO
Londoner
After less than a year Global has canned the separate lbcnews.co.uk website and folded everything back in to the main lbc.co.uk site
LO
Londoner
Nice to hear Sandy Warr back on LBC News this morning - she was the first drivetime presenter at the 2003 Chrysalis relaunch, as well as having been on both LBC and News Direct before that.
RA
radiolistener

Both LBC and Talk Radio are right wing stations, so they are basically after the same custom. (and please don't mention that actor James O'B.)
LL

Both LBC and Talk Radio are right wing stations, so they are basically after the same custom. (and please don't mention that actor James O'B.)

Nonsense.

Newer posts