The Newsroom

Sky News | October 2019 Onwards

New Westminster Studio and Kay Burley Launch - 1st Sept 2020

BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
The set during Sky News Tonight. Notice that Dermot hasn't got the pop out screens bit that Adam had earlier in the day
(EDIT: Oops completely missed a whole page of the thread where PATV already posted)

It looks much better because Westminster looks much better at night.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
The set during Sky News Tonight. Notice that Dermot hasn't got the pop out screens bit that Adam had earlier in the day
(EDIT: Oops completely missed a whole page of the thread where PATV already posted)

It looks much better because Westminster looks much better at night.

For me it's not just the background photo, it's the whole set-up. The colours used in the image on the desk, the blue, red and white under the image all goes together supremely well. It actually fits together.

And the other thing, is the whole colour use for Tonight really screams an identity, something Sky News has been sorely lacking since their move to the glass box where it has felt bland. It feels like a mixture between the new modern style used in a glass box, whilst also retaining some identity from the past.

My message to Sky would be - Tonight has it nailed. Now go and use this and try and come up with something similar that fits a morning show and all out Politics etc. It doesn't have to be the same, but it's a good starting point.

Tonight for me shows the potential of the set if it's used to it's potential. Kay Burley's show meanwhile shows how bland Sky News can be if they continue down their pathway they have of the last few years.
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Seems James Mobbs had a hand in this.

Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
TT
TTRWE UTV World News
Jago Design were behind much of it, like the glass box.
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Speaking of bland studios/backdrops what is the blue strip we see during the 9pm/11pm/overnight hours (if coming from glass box)? It does nothing and even the studio 6 backdrop has more going on.
UN
Universal_r Central Reporting Scotland
I actually really like the tonight mode on the studio. Completely different from Kay burley where it just feels wrong.
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
I like Sky News Tonight's new look as well. It looks so much better; the blue, white with the red strip in the middle looks great. It has so much promise to look like the Sky News of old. It is also looks more superior to the look of Burley & AOP from earlier in the day.
EY
the eye World News
🤢🤢 how average. Horrible
d
VA
valley
Speaking of bland studios/backdrops what is the blue strip we see during the 9pm/11pm/overnight hours (if coming from glass box)? It does nothing and even the studio 6 backdrop has more going on.

It’s close-ups of the numbers from the clock face of Big Ben. For some reason...
IM
ImMaxClaydon London Look East (West sub-opt)
One thing I do prefer is because its based in Westminster when Kay speaks to politicians they are in the studio with her, the awkward delay you get is painful.
SK
skyviewer
Sky news Tonight is no doubt by far the best looking programme in this "studio". The three light lines underneath the screens turn to red/blue and white, all the traditional Sky news colours, giving it all a purple tone that matches exactly with the tonight mode! Also the lighting is much more suitable for the screens !
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today
One thing I do prefer is because its based in Westminster when Kay speaks to politicians they are in the studio with her, the awkward delay you get is painful.

Yeah.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1301047255919669248

Newer posts