The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I know it’s a Bank Holiday, but I’m enjoying how Niall Paterson is once again presenting this morning but it’s just branded as “@ Breakfast”, even though it’s pretty much the same Kay Burley-branded show he’s been presenting for weeks. Well, he’s sitting down instead of standing up.
MA
Meridian AM
I know it’s a Bank Holiday, but I’m enjoying how Niall Paterson is once again presenting this morning but it’s just branded as “@ Breakfast”, even though it’s pretty much the same Kay Burley-branded show he’s been presenting for weeks. Well, he’s sitting down instead of standing up.

If it's called '@ Breakfast' at weekends, then they seem to be counting this public holiday as part of the weekend ('Bank Holiday Weekend').
VA
valley

If it's called '@ Breakfast' at weekends, then they seem to be counting this public holiday as part of the weekend ('Bank Holiday Weekend').

Yes. That’s normally what happens...
CW
CraigWills

But it’s also single headed, when @Breakfast on weekends is usually two (it seems Kimberley did two hours solo on Saturday however) but today it was Niall solo sitting behind a desk, but with quite a few big interviews/weekday style, which sort of mixed the weekday/weekend formats a little.
ST
Stuart
The revamped Millbank studio looks OK, but she may as well be in Studio 6.

No new titles or graphics.
HB
HarryB

MA
mattsh
Seems a pointless change to me. The videos don’t look great on the screen either, some sort of shadow problem?
HB
HarryB

ST
Stuart
As with Studio 21, it looks as though they ran out of either money or enthusiasm to actually finish laying the flooring. Shocked
NR
NthnRw
Why do the screens look so washed out? Intentional 'Breakfast' light look or the wrong screen/lighting combo?
:-(
A former member
Great looking set but disappointing to see very little else different given the hype.
BB
BBI45
I'm not a fan of the new studio so far. It might look a bit better with the desk, but it feels quite empty in the current set-up. The video wall also looks quite washed out. It also feels a bit strange that given they're trying out a fresh presentation style, they've stuck with the old graphics.
Stuart, Soupnzi and Meridian AM gave kudos

Newer posts