Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
You have to hum the BBC One balloons ident music. The whole 30 seconds.
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:
So does whoever came up with BBC II!

Those are Roman numerals, not old-style (link)!
Last edited by A former member on 30 August 2020 11:30am
AS
Asa Admin
Ghost there getting into areas they shouldn't be looking in Wink (or the firewall just wrongly flagged up suspicious activity)

Wonder if there's a 500 error page?

There is, but it's just the old static noise flickering logo "we're currently off air but will be back soon" page.

And as to the kudos, that's why I had it where you could have "joint xth place" so it didn't really matter whether you came above or below, you'd both be in the same place. But yes, it's kudos received, given, then name. You could base it on other criteria I guess - should someone who has contributed longer be higher? Or kudos spread over the most number of posts? Highest single post? It could be sliced in many ways.

Looking at the top ten, you really have to impress Andrew and noggin to get their appreciation - be proud if you get one of theirs!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Asa posted:
Looking at the top ten, you really have to impress Andrew and noggin to get their appreciation - be proud if you get one of theirs!

Considering my average for giving out kudos seems to be about two a year, somebody should be really honoured if I dish one out. We don't all throw kudos around like confetti at a wedding, do we Brekkie? Wink
JO
Josh
Josh posted:

Probably overthinking it but Roman numerals could be described as old considering the Roman times were over 2000 years ago! Razz
PE
Pete Founding member
Ghost posted:
This leaves me with one question, what is the secret handshake? Razz

its how you get into the secret forum.
NJ
Josh posted:
Josh posted:

Probably overthinking it but Roman numerals could be described as old considering the Roman times were over 2000 years ago! Razz

Roman Numerals are classic pieces of design - as well as appearing on programme endcaps (MCMXC for example - "so it was harder for viewers to tell just how old the repeat was" - Newswipe), they also appear primarily on clock faces. Couple it with some Westminster chimes and we have some pretty decent design that never goes out of style.

Although it could be argued that the modern day system of Roman Numerals bears sod all relevance to what the Romans actually used, considering the system was fiddled around with in the Medieval years and there's no definite system that Rome used, or nothing that's survived anyway.
BR
Brekkie
Is the "On This Day in TV History" column new, or have I been particularly slow in noticing it?
NJ
Is the "On This Day in TV History" column new, or have I been particularly slow in noticing it?

I think its new, wasn't there yesterday IIRC.
JO
Josh
Shame it only shows 5 of them. There are many interesting stories from today.
AS
Asa Admin
Yep it's brand new, appeared this afternoon. The TV Room team have been compiling it for a while and it'll now have a bit more exposure from here too. The number shown is limited just to stop the sidebar extending too far down.

And there's certainly one event on this day I'll never forget!
PF
PFML84
Was trying to add an item in the calendar but it keeps giving me a "failed" notification. Tried on different browsers and signed out and cleared cookies and signed back in but still getting it.

Newer posts