TV Home Forum

German Television and Presentation

Discussion relating to TV in Germany (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
There's 13E as well for some countries. The main German channels were on there at one point, but they seem to have gone now.
LI
Lieuwe
What strikes me about the ZDF is that their news 'ZDF Heute' has had the same design since 2009, except for some minor adjustments.
QN
Quatorzine Neko
What strikes me about the ZDF is that their news 'ZDF Heute' has had the same design since 2009, except for some minor adjustments.

A new on-screen design for Heute was planned and scheduled to go on air earlier this year, but its deployment was postponed due to the current pandemic – although the header on the programme's webpage gives us a hint about it:
BR
Brekkie
twolf posted:
I found another image which suggests the presenters haven't quite worked out what to do with their feet either, as this looks an awkward pose!

What exactly do you expect them to do with their feet?

A bit like the BBC then.
TW
twolf

What exactly do you expect them to do with their feet?

Very Happy I'm not sure.... put them flat on the floor? Who naturally sits with one foot on top of the other so only one touches the floor?
JA
james-2001
I find this closedown interesting, the test card is just accompanied by a constant voiceover, no tone or music:

MA
Markymark
I find this closedown interesting, the test card is just accompanied by a constant voiceover, no tone or music:

What a gig for her eh ? Very Happy
MI
mici0123
Back in the days of Sky Analogue when services came from 19.2° East, this was shared with a lot of German broadcasts, which the Sky boxes could receive quite easily, what with being in the same place in the sky and everything.

Does German TV still use 19.2° East?

Yes, 19.2 is the main one for Germany, Austria, France and Spain. 13°E and 23.5°E are also used by a number of countries though.

In terms of EPG: the Sky Germany EPG is fixed yes, but only for channels 100 and above. 1-99 is what they call the "Favorites Section" that you can edit to your liking just like on FTA. So channels that you have in your Favorites appear twice on the EPG. In the favorites section where you put them and on the fixed EPG.

Vodafone has an initial EPG set on their boxes AFIAK, but that you can customize it freely.
JA
JAS84
Why doesn't Sky UK do that Favourites thing? 1-99 aren't used there either.
IS
Inspector Sands
JAS84 posted:

Because EPG slots are earned and protected by law and they don't want people to change their order.

How many people actually use the favourite channels feature of their TV or STB, I can't say I ever have
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
JAS84 posted:

Because pressing 0 on a Sky box causes it to think you're punching a four digit number in, as all the radio stations are 0xxx on Sky, and everything else is three digits.

Sky+HD does have a "Favourites" thing on the on-screen guide, which you could add a bunch of them to your favourites and cycle through them with the blue key. Don't know if Q has this.
ST
Steve Founding member
JAS84 posted:

They do - on Sky Q you can have your favourites on 1, 2, etc...

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-favourites-on-sky-q

Newer posts