The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I was originally reluctant to post this as it is is likely to cause speculation - however Martine's tweets seem to suggest that her role as a presenter is currently, well, at risk or under review.

I think it is fair to say all presenters positions are currently under review, and like in other walks of life they'll be some reluctant losses but I suspect also some for whom the opportunity to walk away with a redundancy payment at this stage in their life is absolutely the right decision to make.
BBI45, cmthwtv and Parker gave kudos
BB
BBI45
I was originally reluctant to post this as it is is likely to cause speculation - however Martine's tweets seem to suggest that her role as a presenter is currently, well, at risk or under review.

I think it is fair to say all presenters positions are currently under review, and like in other walks of life they'll be some reluctant losses but I suspect also some for whom the opportunity to walk away with a redundancy payment at this stage in their life is absolutely the right decision to make.

If Martine does leave the BBC, I could see her fitting in well at Sky News, LBC News or Times Radio.

Obviously don't want her to leave, but I reckon she'll pop up elsewhere.
:-(
A former member

Absolutely. And that redundancy pay won’t be insignificant.
PA
Parker
There are times when I think that the management is b@ggering up the BBC for the sake of it Mad
CM
cmthwtv
Well, be reassured, if Simon McCoy EVER leaves, I will be writing a to the director general to ensure that the back half hours are filled with his best moments Wink
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Well, be reassured, if Simon McCoy EVER leaves, I will be writing a to the director general to ensure that the back half hours are filled with his best moments Wink

"Simon McCoy has left the BBC, there will now be a short, 120 hour tribute to him showing his best moments"
PE
PurpleEquinox

"Simon McCoy has left the BBC, there will now be a short, 120 hour tribute to him showing his best moments"

They’d just have to show his entire career!
JO
Joe
There are times when I think that the management is b@ggering up the BBC for the sake of it Mad

Can you elaborate on this? What would you do differently?
BR
Brekkie
I suspect the people deciding who is losing their jobs are not the people who decided they are losing their jobs.

Yes, there are issues within the BBC no doubt but the mis-management that leads to most round of cuts comes from outside the BBC, not within it.
JA
Jarv
The news channel is definitely loosing its spark
BS
BiggieSMLZ
Geez, it looks like the presenting line-up's dropping like flies right now. Most of those presenters/reporters were pretty good people. Sad
RN
Rolling News
I'm surprised Carrie didn't mention it on air she was leaving, although I understand if she wished not to. When she left in the NC in 2014 to become China Editor a big deal was made with a look back on her best moments, a farewell from Simon. They even brought in 4 other presenters to bid farewell, and it was uploaded on the BBC website. I guess the circumstances this time are different.

Newer posts