The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
So I gather from the video that the mini gallery at millbank is gone now and it is controlled by sky central.

I think it has been controlled remotely from Sky Central for many years. (Though that doesn't necessarily rule out your point that the Millbank gallery is potentially entirely removed.)

No, the Millbank gallery is still there. It's an emergency gallery, in case of a critical issue with both primary and secondary galleries in Sky Studios at Osterley (not Sky Central) they still have a second site which can be fed directly to transmission. Sometimes pre-records are also done from the Millbank gallery.
CA
cat
Seen a few bits of graphics in reports recently that seem to suggest the direction they’ll be going in (and match up with what we’ve seen of Kay’s new show) - namely plain white text (in the Sky font) on top of full screen stills (rather than the current house style where white and blue framing is used, in keeping with the horizontal / vertical lines design). Could be wrong but I’ve spotted it a few times now.

There were some unusual graphics on the story about the footballer chap arrested in Greece. Wasn’t sure if they were just repurposed Sky Sports graphics. Either way, not very pretty I thought.

Studio looks better than what came before it, but it wouldn’t matter if Kay was broadcasting from Versailles... I find her interview style completely unwatchable. Niall is just great.
BB
BBI45
cat posted:
Seen a few bits of graphics in reports recently that seem to suggest the direction they’ll be going in (and match up with what we’ve seen of Kay’s new show) - namely plain white text (in the Sky font) on top of full screen stills (rather than the current house style where white and blue framing is used, in keeping with the horizontal / vertical lines design). Could be wrong but I’ve spotted it a few times now.

There were some unusual graphics on the story about the footballer chap arrested in Greece. Wasn’t sure if they were just repurposed Sky Sports graphics. Either way, not very pretty I thought.

Do you have any images?
CA
cat
No but I’m sure if you scroll back through their YouTube live feed you might find them. It was simply a different style of quote graphic.

Edit - the YouTube video here has it
https://youtu.be/ZzeaeO2Y1ck

As I say, could well be a Sky Sports graphic repurposed. I’m sure someone here will know.
TV
TVViewer256
On the topic of the new Millbank set, I wonder if they'll base Sophy Ridge on Sunday there. Could make sense due to the new, flashy set.
BR
Brekkie
Any caps which contain anything worth while - from what I've seen all Kay has shown us is her mug and a close up shot of the screen.
VA
valley
cat posted:
No but I’m sure if you scroll back through their YouTube live feed you might find them. It was simply a different style of quote graphic.

Edit - the YouTube video here has it
https://youtu.be/ZzeaeO2Y1ck

As I say, could well be a Sky Sports graphic repurposed. I’m sure someone here will know.

Those aren’t repurposed graphics but aren’t exactly new graphics. Some of the “big screen” graphics for the glass box / VR screen have been similar, particularly pre-COVID.
SK
skyviewer
The EPG shows for Tuesday the old @Breakfast branding followed by All out Politics. It also indicates 2 hours of Sky News with Adam Boulton (generic branding) and an additional 30 minutes for IKL after their new hour slot . SeemS like a bit of a mess, not final yet?
https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20200901/4101-1/501
TO
Toasty603

VA
valley
The EPG shows for Tuesday the old @Breakfast branding followed by All out Politics. It also indicates 2 hours of Sky News with Adam Boulton (generic branding) and an additional 30 minutes for IKL after their new hour slot . SeemS like a bit of a mess, not final yet?
https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20200901/4101-1/501

Should be:
7-10 Burley
10-11 IKL
11-12 AOP with Boulton
12-14 Today
14-17 The SJM Show but actually The Sarah Hewson Show
17-00 as currently (Newshour, Tonight, 9, 10, Press Preview, 11, Press Preview)

All three new Millbank shows - Burley, AOP and Tonight - should be launching Tuesday...
SK
skyviewer

Sadly all light elements in the newsroom have just be removed instead of replaced with something inline with the new style and it seems that the glowing wall with the 3 screens and the horizon in the background has just be concealed by a white partition wall. Hopefully this is just a transitional solution.
SK
skynewsfreak

Newer posts