TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
Why not have a mix of virtual audience and normal audience? Have groups in the seating socially distanced, and with the unused seats, block them off with screens and put one group from a virtual audience on each screen.
JO
Jonwo
Why not have a mix of virtual audience and normal audience? Have groups in the seating socially distanced, and with the unused seats, block them off with screens and put one group from a virtual audience on each screen.

That's way too expensive to implement.
VA
valley
Yeah, and with turnaround studios like TVC it would be additional and unnecessary work, especially when working with reduced scenic personnel.
Having a virtual audience and a real (limited) audience is possible, and one of the QI episodes recorded last week did have a virtual audience being fed back to the panellists. I don’t think they had a physical audience on that record, though...
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
One for all of the Love Island fans here Very Happy The Love Island USA villa has been recreated on the roof of The Cromwell Hotel, Las Vegas.

TI
TIGHazard
BBC Two have bought the rights to the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08kz1gc/episodes/guide
JA
JAS84
Starting from episode 2? That has to be a mistake.
BR
Brekkie
An even stranger buy than Heroes. Then again Buffy must have been doing OK for E4 to not be replaced at 11pm by either Big Bang Theory or Naked Attraction.
JA
JAS84
How is Heroes a strange buy? It was BBC Two who aired that the first time around.

Anyway, I can think of a good reason why they bought Heroes and Galactica (which is a former Sky One show). More shows for the iPlayer. There's actually some shows they've bought specifically for streaming.
TI
TIGHazard
JAS84 posted:
Starting from episode 2? That has to be a mistake.

Episode 1 is showing beforehand, it's just not listed on the BBC Two schedule page yet for some reason. There's a "Programmes will return at" instead, which matches the episode length.
BR
Brekkie
JAS84 posted:
How is Heroes a strange buy? It was BBC Two who aired that the first time around.

Anyway, I can think of a good reason why they bought Heroes and Galactica (which is a former Sky One show). More shows for the iPlayer. There's actually some shows they've bought specifically for streaming.

Guess it makes more sense for the iPlayer than BBC2, but nice actually to see some shows getting series reruns on the main channels after years of being told to find them on demand.

Obviously content is thin on the ground at the moment but I just find it odd that BBC2 are buying these sort of shows for a slot which in usual circumstances doesn't air shows of that genre anymore.
TV
iloveTV1
CBBC show 'Mystic' didn't finish filming so the series will show in two parts - the first part will end on 1st September after 8 episodes.
GE
thegeek Founding member
I finally got around to looking up why Remarkable Places to Eat only had two new episodes in June, when the previous series had four - turns out this was Covid-related.

Newer posts