TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
If they do hire a BAME presenter, my first choice would be Alison Hammomd who is bang on target for their audience.

I suspect they would more likely to choose Rochelle as a permanent presenter over Alison.
BR
Brekkie
Isn't Martin Frizzell leaving anyway, if he hasn't already. We get these rumours every year anyway - last year it was Holly quitting for the BBC when she got a one-off show at Christmas. Frankly in the current climate I can't see any presenter with a regular gig they enjoy jacking it in.
JO
Jonwo
Isn't Martin Frizzell leaving anyway, if he hasn't already. We get these rumours every year anyway - last year it was Holly quitting for the BBC when she got a one-off show at Christmas. Frankly in the current climate I can't see any presenter with a regular gig they enjoy jacking it in.

Holly is in a position where she could afford to quit This Morning for other pursuits but I do agree that I don't see her quitting This Morning just yet.
BE
Benwright
[url] https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkwsHwgdDf/?igshid=f8mtio6o0t0g[/url]
LL
London Lite Founding member
Jonwo posted:
If they do hire a BAME presenter, my first choice would be Alison Hammomd who is bang on target for their audience.

I suspect they would more likely to choose Rochelle as a permanent presenter over Alison.

She jars terribly. Alison at least tests well across all age groups unlike the current set-up where older viewers prefer Eamonn and Ruth to Schofe and Holly.

There's an opportunity here for a presenter who is fun and accepted by a wide range of viewers instead of a stage school presenter.
MA
Meridian AM
She is fun, but needs more training if she is going to be a regular presenter. Not sure how she would do with the more serious, newsier debates.
At least she laughs gaffs off and is likeable.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158834876547122&id=81985202121
BL
bluecortina
It's not a show I watch, but I did work along side it for many years.

In my opinion the best presenters are the ones who are simply being normal rather than those that 'act' or 'perform' like they think a normal person would. I think it's the downfall of many a presenter mistaking 'here am I performing like I think a normal person would be' rather than 'this is me as I normally am'. Just my opinion as I say.
Last edited by bluecortina on 24 August 2020 11:08am
MA
Meridian AM

In my opinion the best presenters are the ones who are simply being normal rather than those that 'act' or 'perform' like they think a normal person would. I think it's the downfall of many presenter mistaking 'here am I performing like I think a normal person would be' rather than 'this is me as I normally am'. Just my opinion as I say.

You're right.

Phillip and Holly are exactly what you describe as performers.
PI
pip2

In my opinion the best presenters are the ones who are simply being normal rather than those that 'act' or 'perform' like they think a normal person would. I think it's the downfall of many presenter mistaking 'here am I performing like I think a normal person would be' rather than 'this is me as I normally am'. Just my opinion as I say.

You're right.

In your opinion. For me, Phillip & Holly are the most natural. Ruth and Eamonn come across much more like it’s a performance. The frequency of Eamonn’s “I’ve never heard of this / I don’t understand what this means” and Ruth explaining it is really annoying... he’s clearly not an idiot, so his faux ignorance comes across as patronising. Dermot was also at it on Friday, at one point asking Alison what a ‘hack*’ was! Really?!

*in the context of a life hack
Universal_r, Bananas and TravisM gave kudos
AL
alexjac0788
I guess Eamonn and Ruth will probably host all next week then it'll probably be guest hosts on Bank Holiday Monday before the confirmed return of Phil and Holly on the 1st September.

Eamonn confirmed today that him and Ruth will be hosting the final summer show next Monday, probably meaning that they'll have guest hosts again this Friday.
MA
Meridian AM
pip2 posted:

You're right.

In your opinion. For me, Phillip & Holly are the most natural. Ruth and Eamonn come across much more like it’s a performance. The frequency of Eamonn’s “I’ve never heard of this / I don’t understand what this means” and Ruth explaining it is really annoying... he’s clearly not an idiot, so his faux ignorance comes across as patronising. Dermot was also at it on Friday, at one point asking Alison what a ‘hack*’ was! Really?!

*in the context of a life hack

Every year there is a debate here and social media about which of the 4 presenters people prefer. Some prefer Eamonn and Ruth, some prefer Phillip and Holly.

Personally I prefer Eamonn and Ruth, and believe they come across more relatable, down to earth. No false laughing and constantly looking for innuendos to giggle and screech at. And they have better interviewing skills.
DeMarkay, 030293 and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
I love Eamonn and Ruth. They seem more natural with great banter. I like Phil and Holly but get a bit annoying sometimes and seem a tad fake sometimes. Out of the cover this year my favourite has been Alison. I've always liked Alison as she has a big, funny, larger than life personality without being fake or annoying. Rochelle is OK and Ore i can tolerate. Not keen on Dermot's laddish style at all and never have been.

Newer posts