The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Zeinab Badawi appears to be hosting HardTalk from an IKEA display. Combination of coffee table and high stools with a deep walnut drawing room background.

And it works!
JF
JF World News
Could Outside Source be moving to Studio 54D as Karin has tweeted Up on our new, socially-distant home on the 6th floor, think its the studio with the touch screen used by Persian service?Could Outside Source be moving to Studio 54D as Karin has tweeted Up on our new, socially-distant home on the 6th floor, think its the studio with the touch screen used by Persian service?
CM
cmthwtv
Could Outside Source be moving to Studio 54D as Karin has tweeted Up on our new, socially-distant home on the 6th floor, think its the studio with the touch screen used by Persian service?Could Outside Source be moving to Studio 54D as Karin has tweeted Up on our new, socially-distant home on the 6th floor, think its the studio with the touch screen used by Persian service?

It's still coming from Studio C. That is just where it is prepared.
JF
JF World News

It's still coming from Studio C. That is just where it is prepared.

Seen tweet
UN
Universal_r
The show with no name at 9pm bst with Katty Kay and Christian Fraser has became my favourite show on the whole of the bbc news schedule. I think it works so well.
Newsroom, Alfie Mulcahy and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
The show with no name at 9pm bst with Katty Kay and Christian Fraser has became my favourite show on the whole of the bbc news schedule. I think it works so well.

Was just about to post the same thing. I think it needs a name like 'Across the Pond' or something
Universal_r, TheTravelcard and Newsroom gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
The reason it desperately needs a name is because it isn't a standard edition of BBC News. I understand that it is based around the Beyond 100 Days format - however anyone just tuning in will think it's a pretty odd programme centred around the election. That is why it needs to be distinguished.

Oh, and so it can go on iPlayer.
FC
FrancesC
Christian Fraser joins WNA tonight talking about the UK’s school return.
UN
Universal_r
I think it would benefit from new music IMO, for some reason the normal bbc music just doesn’t seem to fit it. I would also like if they weren’t forced to breaks like they are now, I understand they have to have them but the way the bbc graphic comes up when they’re still taking is quite annoying. It would also be nice if they got a proper good bye for viewers in the Uk. But other than those small points I think it’s excellent.
Last edited by Universal_r on 24 August 2020 11:21pm
DE
deejay

Was just about to post the same thing. I think it needs a name like 'Across the Pond' or something

If we had a pound for every time someone had suggested that particular name ... 🤣
RO
roo
the show with no name is not getting a name because it’s only running in this particular format for a couple of weeks to cover the conventions. then the new studio will go off air again for a few weeks to allow more prep for the election.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
roo posted:
the show with no name is not getting a name because it’s only running in this particular format for a couple of weeks to cover the conventions. then the new studio will go off air again for a few weeks to allow more prep for the election.

Is that confirmed?

Newer posts