Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MD
mdtauk
Tweets embedded into posts with the dark mode, are not as readable as they should be.

VM
VMPhil
Looks fine to me? Embedded tweets adjust for dark mode too.
MD
mdtauk
Looks fine to me? Embedded tweets adjust for dark mode too.

VM
VMPhil
Looks like you have some sort of content blocker that is stopping the embedded tweet from loading properly. It’ll be blocking twitter.com to stop cross-site tracking.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Noticed this morning with the new ITV Creates appearing. But something else that looks like it may have been changed with the refresh. It seems you can now no longer embed images inside of the URL tag and still have them link, presumably as its conflicting with the new image lightbox feature. This is something some of us have traditionally done in order to provide thumbnails for linked videos, as if you choose not to use Youtube (I know, sacrilege) then the forum hasn't had a way to include a smaller preview image rather than fill the screen with a big mp4 video player.

It's something I can work with on new posts anyway. Though as a side effect of it being applied to historic posts too, it means it's broken pretty much every historic video I put in the now-locked ITV Creates 2019-Mid 2020 thread (and lots of other places on the forum) - eg - https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1210829#post-1210829
Last edited by tesandco on 10 August 2020 7:06am - 8 times in total
JA
Jamesypoo
I've noticed that the acronym tooltips for "down the line" are not quite right. Somebody mentioned DLT meaning Dave Lee Travis but the tooltip came up as "down the line", whereas somebody else mentioned DTL and nothing came up. A small thing but maybe something that could be fixed at some point down the line?
JAS84, Rexogamer and bilky asko gave kudos
WH
whoiam989
Just noticed that the username auto-capitalisation issue in log in page was fixed. Whenever it was fixed already, I give you late thanks.
AS
Asa Admin
DTL corrected. As Phil said, the tweet issue looks like some browser block. I've changed the default text colour so it will be readable now.

I've tweaked the image/URL/lightbox issue, I don't want to bork all those links you've done over the years Terence Smile Hopefully the lightbox should still work in the other cases.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
If a tweet has been deleted and somebody has embedded it, I believe Twitter themselves doesn't apply any formatting to the now orphan tweet via embedding. The text of the tweet remains but its just a plain "output", and any styling is done by the page it appears on, which for most sites will be a standard black text.
RE
Rexogamer
Somewhat random question but does anyone know what font is used in most places on the forum? I have a feeling it's custom but at the same time it looks somewhat familiar
AG
AxG
Somewhat random question but does anyone know what font is used in most places on the forum? I have a feeling it's custom but at the same time it looks somewhat familiar

Thread titles are in Raleway, whilst nearly everything else is Segoe UI, backed up with Lucida Grande. Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, then Arial.
PF
PFML84
Were the page numbers for threads in the list view always a white square or is that a recent change? If in dark mode, it would be better to have them in black or a dark colour like they are when you're actually in the thread.

The "last edited" text seems to have also gone back to being black and very hard to read.

Newer posts