The Gallery

BBC 2020 Rebrand Project

Celebrating the BBC's centenary with a stronger identity. (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Sh1ruba
Well, I've just managed to recover one of my ancient BBC concepts (a bit like the sixth experiment) from ages ago. Here's a non-colored version:

And a colored one:

Either way, If I was to use it on a potential second thread, I'd make the rectangle round.

Alternatively, I've concieved a stylized, six-fragment wordmark (the one I teased a while back, of course):

Mabey try and add the effect you've used for the cover image of this project with the blocks

Either way, with each one, I've attempted to steer pretty much away from the 3D and shadowy stuff - the latter of which had a pretty mixed response (focusing on post-modernish 2D graphics), so with chapter two, things should probably be a lot neater. I might add the 3D effect on the corporate logo (the cover image) though. Smile

Okay, the fragment wordmark is kinda dated, also trying to copy Channel 4 and Channel 5 there. Sorry.
BS
BiggieSMLZ

Okay, the fragment wordmark is kinda dated, also trying to copy Channel 4 and Channel 5 there. Sorry.

Well, Plan A (blocks) it is.
DO
dosxuk
If you've got new ideas which completely depart from an existing idea, please post them in a new thread rather than adding them on. That way the ratings will reflect the ideas separately.
Alfie Mulcahy and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
BS
BiggieSMLZ
If you've got new ideas which completely depart from an existing idea, please post them in a new thread rather than adding them on. That way the ratings will reflect the ideas separately.

Of course! That was the plan. Wink
SH
Sh1ruba

Well, Plan A (blocks) it is.

Use the glowing blocks idea
It could add some much needed colour and beauty to the brand
Alfie Mulcahy and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
BS
BiggieSMLZ

Use the glowing blocks idea
It could add some much needed colour and beauty to the brand

I might do that.

I’ve actually already begun trying out some on-screen graphics (endboards, ECPs, menus), which are more 2D than my previous attempts. For that, I’ll need to use a logo that’s kinda friendly for that specific style (probably one of those block concepts I’ve devised).
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Well, I've just managed to recover one of my ancient BBC concepts (a bit like the sixth experiment) from ages ago. Here's a non-colored version:

And a colored one:

Either way, If I was to use it on a potential second thread, I'd make the rectangle round.

Alternatively, I've concieved a stylized, six-fragment wordmark (the one I teased a while back, of course):

Mabey try and add the effect you've used for the cover image of this project with the blocks

Either way, with each one, I've attempted to steer pretty much away from the 3D and shadowy stuff - the latter of which had a pretty mixed response (focusing on post-modernish 2D graphics), so with chapter two, things should probably be a lot neater. I might add the 3D effect on the corporate logo (the cover image) though. Smile

I'm not a particular fan of the joined up boxes. They'd also be hard to see the boundaries on low quality or small displays
BS
BiggieSMLZ

I'm not a particular fan of the joined up boxes. They'd also be hard to see the boundaries on low quality or small displays

Oh, ok. Would making the lines thicker work?
:-(
A former member
I really like the joined-up boxes. It looks familiar but fresh. I think you should pursue that idea further.
Sh1ruba and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

Oh, ok. Would making the lines thicker work?

Yeah. That might work. But I worry there is a fine line (if you'll pardon the pun) between them being thick enough to be seen and being overly thick and goofy
BS
BiggieSMLZ
I really like the joined-up boxes. It looks familiar but fresh. I think you should pursue that idea further.

Maybe I should. I do have a kinda difficult decision to make based on my two styles, but they do have one thing in common: They'll both have the "stacked" style on most of their brands.
LG
Looking Glass
I prefer the glowing blocks personally, I know that they weren’t your design but I feel like that is an update of the brand which looks fresh and (slightly) more modern but allows you to update the other brands under the umbrella. The joined together boxes just don’t feel like an advancement for me - it’s just a bit like - how do we keep it the same but different? Oh yeah, push the boxes together.

Newer posts