This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Good news:

JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Josh posted:
Good news:

This is all well & good, but what about The Crystal Maze UK on Channel 4?? Half of the series from last year has yet to air, along with 3 episodes from the 2017 revived series. Hardly anyone can receive Nickelodeon to tune in to watch the American version.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Josh posted:
Good news:

Nice, looking forward to seeing how Adam is in it, hopefully he doesn't ruin it
BR
Brekkie
It's one where you just want to see one episode really to see if they made a mess of it. It's something that didn't really turn up in the usual places when it originally aired later this year. I think Nick is on the Now TV Kids pass so if I can get a free trial for that I'll probably take a look.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
There's a bit of presentation example on the Nickelodeon channel on YouTube:
JA
JAS84
Josh posted:
Good news:

This is all well & good, but what about The Crystal Maze UK on Channel 4?? Half of the series from last year has yet to air, along with 3 episodes from the 2017 revived series. Hardly anyone can receive Nickelodeon to tune in to watch the American version.

What, hardly anyone has Sky? That doesn't sound right.
JA
james-2001
JAS84 posted:

Or Virgin. Or BTTV. Or NowTV. Or TalkTalkTV. It's not like it's some obscure channel with little availablitity or takeup.
tightrope78, Rexogamer and valley gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
Josh posted:
Good news:

Well, depends if you count 10 million subscribers as 'hardly anyone'.
RE
Rexogamer
Majority of U.K. viewers (and I'd presume a majority of this forum) only have Freeview but Nick is no Merit, it has plenty of viewers
JB
JasonB
JAS84 posted:

I don’t have Sky.
BR
Brekkie
The fact the US version uses kids, not celebs, instantly ticks the nostalgia box and harks back to what worked for the show originally. Not sure what the show status is at the moment but if it takes social distancing for the UK to use families instead of celebs and they give Richard Ayode a longer hand then they could easily proceed with filming.
JA
JAS84
JAS84 posted:

Well, depends if you count 10 million subscribers as 'hardly anyone'.

Exactly, Sky alone has lots of viewers, let alone the other platforms Nick is available on. It simply isn't true that "hardly anyone can receive Nickelodeon, even though it's not on Freeview.

Newer posts