The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

(July 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Speaking of a Look North (NE&C) surely a new set could happen. bring back the Gateshead millennium tilt bridge backdrop back
JT
jolly turnip
Look North EY & L still have the same full set that was introduced in 2009. To be fair it has aged well, not talking about Peter and Paul's daily patter
BA
Ballyboy
I was a big fan of the 2004-2009 Hull set
ST
South Today
Speaking of a Look North (NE&C) surely a new set could happen. bring back the Gateshead millennium tilt bridge backdrop back

Such a large studio just wasted with that fake newsroom backdrop!

20 days later

MA
Meridian AM
Fred Dinenage confirmed this evening on Meridian that he is hoping be back presenting in the studio on August 3rd.
He has been isolating at home since March, as he is 78.

Not sure what happened to Fred's 3rd of August return.
The 3rd was presented by Stacey and the 4th was Sangeeta.
He definitely said in the interview that he was aiming to be back in the studio on the 3rd.
MA
Macalolo
Fred Dinenage confirmed this evening on Meridian that he is hoping be back presenting in the studio on August 3rd.
He has been isolating at home since March, as he is 78.

Not sure what happened to Fred's 3rd of August return.
The 3rd was presented by Stacey and the 4th was Sangeeta.
He definitely said in the interview that he was aiming to be back in the studio on the 3rd.

Next week
South Today and Meridian AM gave kudos

13 days later

PI
pip2
Fred Dinenage just signed off tonight's programme with the usual "thanks so much for watching, from all of us here and, of course, our dear Sangeeta, goodbye" then the not so usual "love you lots"!
Meridian AM and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
Canโ€™t wait to see them back together. and itโ€™s always bugged me. whatโ€™s the backdrop itโ€™s so beautiful?
MA
Meridian AM
pip2 posted:
Fred Dinenage just signed off tonight's programme with the usual "thanks so much for watching, from all of us here and, of course, our dear Sangeeta, goodbye" then the not so usual "love you lots"!

I rewound it, as i thought that's what i heard.
Never heard a newsreader say 'love you lots' before! Very Happy Shocked
I don't think he meant to say it, it looked like it just came out of nowhere ๐Ÿ˜€
The farewell speech is always very rambling.
Fred does very well though. He is 78 and still seems to enjoy it.
PI
pip2
pip2 posted:

I rewound it, as i thought that's what i heard.
Never heard a newsreader say 'love you lots' before! Very Happy Shocked
I don't think he meant to say it, it looked like it just came out of nowhere ๐Ÿ˜€
The farewell speech is always very rambling.
Fred does very well though. He is 78 and still seems to enjoy it.

I think it was maybe a hangover from ending lots of Zooms and Skypes during lockdown.
CR
Critique
Wouldn't be the first time in the ITV regions!

MA
Meridian AM
Wouldn't be the first time in the ITV regions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icts41unB6k

Oh, so it is a regular thing at ITV ๐Ÿ˜…

Maybe Tom and Julie will start saying it on News at 10 too ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ƒ

Newer posts