TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
skyviewer
BBI45 posted:
A 'boxless' version of the Sky News logo isn't really going to look much different on screen if they continue to have idents/stings with the all white background.

A boxless logo won’t work with the current pres. Titles include the logo straddling a horizontal line, which won’t work without a change of some sort. It probably won’t be a huge change, but it should be noticeable.

Given that the past two major Sky News refreshes were in 2010 and 2015, I expect that it will be more than just updating the logo and making a few adaptations.

I trink the same. The music will most probably also be changed.
ST
Stuart
A boxless logo won’t work with the current pres. Titles include the logo straddling a horizontal line, which won’t work without a change of some sort. It probably won’t be a huge change, but it should be noticeable.

They could go with something similar to the animation used at the end of the promos for their other channels, where the Sky logo falls into the background and the coloured box slides out from the right hand side. Programme title frames could still then animate from a horizontal line beneath it rather than the current position.

A very minor vertical grey gradient on the white background above the new horizontal line position would indicate that the sky element of the logo was boxless.

OK, I know what I mean, but lack the technical skills to produce a mock. Crying or Very sad
Last edited by Stuart on 16 August 2020 9:15pm - 2 times in total
:-(
A former member
BBI45 posted:
A 'boxless' version of the Sky News logo isn't really going to look much different on screen if they continue to have idents/stings with the all white background.

Given that the past two major Sky News refreshes were in 2010 and 2015, I expect that it will be more than just updating the logo and making a few adaptations.

The picture in the Sky News thread where you can just about make out the new Westminster set seems to suggest the current style will be maintained, if the ‘All Out Politics’ graphic is to be believed.
BB
BBI45
BBI45 posted:

The picture in the Sky News thread where you can just about make out the new Westminster set seems to suggest the current style will be maintained, if the ‘All Out Politics’ graphic is to be believed.

They'd better change the lower thirds at least. They might do the job, but they are incredibly dull.
Stuart, BiggieSMLZ and FelixJBAuk gave kudos
BS
BiggieSMLZ
BBI45 posted:

They'd better change the lower thirds at least. They might do the job, but they are incredibly dull.

Yeah, maybe they will, by some extent...
BB
BBI45
I'm hoping Sky News go down a similar route to their Australian counterpart:
Rexogamer, paul_hadley and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
BBI45 posted:
I'm hoping Sky News go down a similar route to their Australian counterpart

Why?
skyviewer, BiggieSMLZ and Ne1L C gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
BBI45 posted:

Why?

Good Question. Sky News Australia is full of right wing commentators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDZec8-X3Q
Rexogamer, DeMarkay and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
BBI45 posted:

Why?

Good Question. Sky News Australia is full of right wing commentators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDZec8-X3Q

For part of the day, the rest of the day is no different editorially to Sky News UK.
NL
Ne1L C
True enough but an UK version of Alan Jones wouldn't be allowed under impartiality laws.

Edit: Just realised that this could be off topic
JO
Jon
I’m pretty sure the poster is referring to the graphics and branding rather than editorial content.

Although I think the look is a bit on the dull side and without a particularly modern feel either.
BS
BiggieSMLZ
BBI45 posted:
I'm hoping Sky News go down a similar route to their Australian counterpart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___-GAeUzso

I think it would be kinda interesting to see 3D Sky News intro like that in a potential rebrand, though. Smile

Newer posts