The Gallery

ITV Presentation 2020

Last week ITV introduced a new onscreen presentation package (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
brioalex
Very nice. Expanding a bit from your original brief but your last two vids reminded me that I've never been a fan of this ECP style and think so much of the screen is wasted space really. I'd rather see the credits shrunk to around 2/3 and then cropped (as they were designed to be, and still are it seems) and then that gives them a bigger promo space on the right, again shrinking a full picture by about 2/3, plus plenty of room in the lower third for the text information just like in your last video. If that makes sense to you and you could do something quick to illustrate it that would be great.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah I agree, the ECP has a lot of wasted space either side because of the centralised text. If I get chance I might try other layouts too
BR
brioalex
That looks pretty good, Bro! Thumbs up

Question is: Could you do similar refreshes to the rest of the ITV family (ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ect.) to fit with the theme of consistent branding?

Thanks man! Yeah I might try bringing the other channels into the theme too 😊
DeMarkay and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
BR
brioalex
Looks like DBLG the guys that created the original ITV three coloured logo and break bumpers etc agree 😊

TV
iloveTV1
I like it, 4 stars.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I really really like it - so much better than this year's rebrand. One thing I would say is that the HUB transition looks to quick on the trailer bits
BR
brioalex
I really really like it - so much better than this year's rebrand. One thing I would say is that the HUB transition looks to quick on the trailer bits

Thanks Alfie! Totally agree, If I get chance one day I’ll make the hub transition a little slower.

8 days later

IT
Ittr
Can only really echo what's already been said - all brilliant visually but some of the animations could be slower to match the real ones more. Having said that, the speed feels perfect on the breakbumper ident already. 4/5 (5/5 with improvements Smile)
BR
brioalex
Ittr posted:
Can only really echo what's already been said - all brilliant visually but some of the animations could be slower to match the real ones more. Having said that, the speed feels perfect on the breakbumper ident already. 4/5 (5/5 with improvements Smile)

Thanks for your feedback man! Appreciate it! Agree with you on the animations. It's on my long list to revisit this to do some more break bumpers in different colours eventually so watch this space 😊
BR
brioalex
Turns out I had some time this evening in-between doing bits of client work to try a new colour and some tweaks. So, below is a new break bumper colour, I've tried slowing the animation on this slightly just to try and match the real ones. Also is a new Programme Menu. Here, I have left aligned the text and logo because I sometimes think centring everything looks a bit messy. Also, the Hub logo animates in differently and separately on the right hand side. I'll keep chipping away at more bits too but let me know what you think of these 😊

DW
DavidWhitfield
Such a nice thread to look through.

Your work is well thought-through and well executed.

You seem to have taken on board feedback in terms of slowing down the entrance of the ITV Hub tile, too, which is good to see. The fact you have a good attitude and are receptive to constructive feedback is a big plus for me.

The only suggestions I have would be that it would be nice to see surrounding presentation including ECPs and the like to go alongside your new more-slowly-animated designs. Otherwise, I have only positive comments!

Loving seeing this progress as time goes on.

Great work, Alex.
Octothorpe, Ittr and brioalex gave kudos
BR
brioalex
Such a nice thread to look through.

Your work is well thought-through and well executed.

You seem to have taken on board feedback in terms slowing down the entrance of the ITV Hub tile, too, which is good to see. The fact you have a good attitude and are open to sensible constructive feedback is a big plus for me.

The only suggestions I have would be that it would be nice to see surrounding presentation including ECPs and the like to go alongside your new more-slowly-animated designs. Otherwise, I have only positive comments!

Loving seeing this progress as time goes on.

Great work, Alex.

Thanks so much David for your kind words! Definitely going to make some more ECPs etc with slower animation too, as soon as I get another chance I’ll create some and upload them on here 😊
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Turns out I had some time this evening in-between doing bits of client work to try a new colour and some tweaks. So, below is a new break bumper colour, I've tried slowing the animation on this slightly just to try and match the real ones. Also is a new Programme Menu. Here, I have left aligned the text and logo because I sometimes think centring everything looks a bit messy. Also, the Hub logo animates in differently and separately on the right hand side. I'll keep chipping away at more bits too but let me know what you think of these 😊

https://vimeo.com/447598476

https://vimeo.com/447598431

Really nice. Very pleasing to watch take shape

Newer posts