TV Home Forum

TV Breakdown Appreciation Thread

We'll return as soon as possible.

OV
Orry Verducci Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Talking of green, remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRiESFAFPE
Would that have been a graphics issue that caused that?

It definitely looks like the graphics failed. When we reboot the graphics systems at work if the vision mixer has it keyed on our gallery feeds look exactly like this.
Rexogamer and valley gave kudos
MP
MagicPaddy (previously TVMan79) Central Reporting Scotland
I uploaded this around a week ago, but this was during the UEFA Champions League on STV, and there was I think a technical fault.

Rexogamer, Lewismpsmith and GMc gave kudos

13 days later

LE
Lewismpsmith Meridian (South East) South East Today
I uploaded this around a week ago, but this was during the UEFA Champions League on STV, and there was I think a technical fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVtvALVFbI

And a split second of the ITV1 logo! Laughing
We're in this together. Please stay safe by wearing a mask and washing your hands. Do your bit.
BA
Ballyboy Recently warned UTV Newsline
from November 2006. this was pretty bad
IS
Inspector Sands
Wonder what happened there, it looks like they relocated to a different studio, presumably a smaller bulletin studio? Although one big enough to have two presenters... and that very basic 70s style Chromakey switcheroo
Rexogamer, Lewismpsmith and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy Recently warned UTV Newsline
That studio was a CSO backdrop. it was used for the in-vision continuity as well as the GMTV bulletins.
NL
Ne1L C Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Yikes that was bad.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I think the sound desk failed, so they moved to the pres studio.
Write that down in your copybook now.
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
That handover to the sport presenter was funnier than it had any right to be.
IS
Inspector Sands
That studio was a CSO backdrop. it was used for the in-vision continuity as well as the GMTV bulletins.

How come it had two cameras? There wasn't any hot seating between the two presenters.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
With UTV continuing in-vision pres much longer than the days when many regions would get the announcer to also read the short bulletins, could they therefore have had two positions for that purpose? Otherwise you'd have Julian either reading the late UTV News or not being able to introduce it?
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
With UTV continuing in-vision pres much longer than the days when many regions would get the announcer to also read the short bulletins, could they therefore have had two positions for that purpose? Otherwise you'd have Julian either reading the late UTV News or not being able to introduce it?

Still unlikely I think, even in 2006 you wouldn't 'waste' a second camera channel for something like that.

The much larger TVS also presented news from the IVC studio, they didn't continuity announce the local news at all (it was usually back to back out of ITN) and the newsreaders sometimes made the CA announcement straight after (but usually not, straight into an ad break)

I seem to recall Thames were the same too?
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967

Newer posts