The Newsroom

South West England & CI Thread

Justin Leigh to leave the BBC (January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MW
Mike W
It’s happened for special editions. but to be honest I’m not sure

Correct; Covid titles are special titles so have the programme name legend on them
ST
Stuart
Are we ever going to see Justin, Victoria and David reunited in the studio?

I thought all regional news programmes were going to remain as single-headed as a cost saving measure? However, there's no reason why David won't eventually make a return to the studio.

20 days later

JV
James Vertigan Founding member

Not sure the BBC South West gallery know who is presenting Spotlight tonight! 😄
ST
Stuart
The Breakfast bulletins are back, and they've dispensed with the 'Bar stool and bistro table' look, in favour of just using the desk. No doubt this is only temporary, but it looks much better (once my OCD gets over the odd difference in line spacing on the screen).

MI
m_in_m
I always find it interesting how breakfast regional bulletins get branded. Some just use the regional programme name while others use a hybrid.

I think I'd prefer the BBC logo to be higher up a bit in that image.
BA
Ballyboy
did anyone spot the 2015 cats cradles and town names on the screen and the fact the BREAKFAST logo is the old one?
Last edited by Ballyboy on 7 September 2020 5:30pm - 3 times in total

9 days later

JT
JamesTV
ITV News West Country's 6pm programmes returned to dual presenters again this evening:

BF
BFGArmy
ITV News West Country's 6pm programmes returned to dual presenters again this evening:

The ITV Channel Islands 6pm bulletins too is also back now to being double-headed - for the last 6 months of so it had only had the 1 presenter due to COVID (mainly either Jess or James)

9 days later

ST
Stuart
It's not just Sky who have an issue with their logo appearing against certain backgrounds . . . Shocked

12 days later

JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Spotlight presenter Justin Leigh has announced he is leaving the BBC after 33 years. https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/spotlight-presenter-justin-leigh-leaving-4599441

36 days later

TI
timbouk
Not sure if this is the correct thread for BBC Points West but just watched the programme cross from the studio to an OB in the centre of Bath involving a reporter reading off the latest Covid figures from her IPhone. No reason at all as far as I could see for the OB to take place and the figures could have been read by the presenter in the studio.
MA
Markymark
Not sure if this is the correct thread for BBC Points West but just watched the programme cross from the studio to an OB in the centre of Bath involving a reporter reading off the latest Covid figures from her IPhone. No reason at all as far as I could see for the OB to take place and the figures could have been read by the presenter in the studio.

Yep. I can remember C4 News's Alex Thomson in an article some years ago lamenting that many of his live location reports were nothing more than as you describe.

Newer posts