The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
Sophie is sat at the desk for 6/10.

She’s only come in to write the scripts. I will be fronting the 6 whilst JamesWorldNews is doing the 10. 😉

I am disappointed to hear you are not writing it. However, can you make sure not to say "tonight" at any time during the programme? It's broad daylight at 6pm in the Summer - not "night". Wink
BA
bilky asko
Sod the subscription - where can you buy that mask?

Redbubble has lots of similar looking face coverings - I can't find a precise match to that particular one, but there are lots of similar ones (and at least one with the BBC HD Test Card).
LE
lesmauresfr
Quote:
I am disappointed to hear you are not writing it. However, can you make sure not to say "tonight" at any time during the programme? It's broad daylight at 6pm in the Summer - not "night". Wink

They do the same on ITV too, although theirs is at 6:30pm. Same kind of day — not night.
CM
cmthwtv
Rebecca Jones at 4.
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Quote:

They do the same on ITV too, although theirs is at 6:30pm. Same kind of day — not night.

Pretty sure when George is presenting, he starts with "Today at 6", which I've heard Huw say as well. I've not heard anyone say "Tonight at 6" in recent memory.
CM
cmthwtv
Quote:

Pretty sure when George is presenting, he starts with "Today at 6", which I've heard Huw say as well. I've not heard anyone say "Tonight at 6" in recent memory.

Call me sad but George says "Tonight at Six" when we are in GMT and "Today at Six" in BST. A man of integrity Wink
Matthew_Fieldhouse and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
FC
FrancesC
Quote:

Sophie said Tonight at Six few weeks ago.

Call me sad but George says "Tonight at Six" when we are in GMT and "Today at Six" in BST. A man of integrity Wink

IIRC Jane Hill uses to say Tonight at Five…
RN
Rolling News

Sophie said Tonight at Six few weeks ago.

IIRC Jane Hill uses to say Tonight at Five…

She did...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TwMC8p95o
NE
Newsroom
A rare appearance from Joanna Gosling on the News at One.
CM
cmthwtv
Gosling on the One.
RN
Rolling News
Joanna Gosling doing the One today.

It’ll be my turn tomorrow...
CM
cmthwtv
Joanna Gosling doing the One today.

It’ll be my turn tomorrow...

I was surprised to see how alike you look to Sophie Raworth in yesterday's Six. Wink

Newer posts