The Gallery

Sky Channel Rebrands

A rebrand for the Sky channels. (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Looks nicer than their current look. I'd get rid of the History 'H' as it doesn't really fit though.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
Kunst posted:
No offence, but it looks much blander than what we currently have.

What do you suggest to change it? Also it's really not that big a change.
MD
mdtauk
What font are you using for the channel logos and sub text?
JL
J. Lyric
I can tell you - It's a recreation of the current logo font...
AA
Aaron_2015
Unfortunately I don’t think this is a 4* project by any means. Lots of lower quality mocks in the gallery lately seem to be getting some rather high ratings, with lots of positive feedback/input from newer members.

As for the logos themselves, I really don’t think black is suitable for the vast majority of channels. Is the colour black really suitable for Sky Cinema Disney and Sky Cinema Family? Probably not. IMO I’d say the black Sky logo works well for Crime, News and Atlantic, but probably not for the rest. The endboard certainly shows some potential, and the actual logos themselves appear well put together, but there’s a huge amount of work which could be done to develop this into a full project.
channelsurfer, PATV Scunthorpe and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
JL
J. Lyric
Lots of lower quality mocks in the gallery lately seem to be getting some rather high ratings, with lots of positive feedback/input from newer members.

One idea I had concerning that is maybe the "lower quality mocks" are... exactly that, and the people behind them are relatively new to the mocking scene - I am too, a little bit - and the "newer members" don't have much experience with quality standards, so they give positive feedback, thinking it's great.

I could be completely wrong, but that's where my mind is on that topic.
JL
J. Lyric
As for the logos themselves, I really don’t think black is suitable for the vast majority of channels.

I agree with this - and I believe the only time black is an acceptable color to use is if the mood of the channel fits. For example, Witness and Crime. They have black elements in their logos because it fits the channel's vibe, and the topic in general.

Black on any other channel, personally, I think should only be used when the logo's a one-color print version.
:-(
A former member
As for the logos themselves, I really don’t think black is suitable for the vast majority of channels.

I agree with this - and I believe the only time black is an acceptable color to use is if the mood of the channel fits. For example, Witness and Crime. They have black elements in their logos because it fits the channel's vibe, and the topic in general.

Black on any other channel, personally, I think should only be used when the logo's a one-color print version.

Late 90s CBBC says hi.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
Unfortunately I don’t think this is a 4* project by any means. Lots of lower quality mocks in the gallery lately seem to be getting some rather high ratings, with lots of positive feedback/input from newer members.

As for the logos themselves, I really don’t think black is suitable for the vast majority of channels. Is the colour black really suitable for Sky Cinema Disney and Sky Cinema Family? Probably not. IMO I’d say the black Sky logo works well for Crime, News and Atlantic, but probably not for the rest. The endboard certainly shows some potential, and the actual logos themselves appear well put together, but there’s a huge amount of work which could be done to develop this into a full project.

I can sort of see where you're coming from.
I decided to make the Sky logo box black to keep a bit of consistency with the logos
JL
J. Lyric

Late 90s CBBC says hi.

I'm not good at this, am I? Very Happy

18 days later

NO
NancerOnTheForum
I'm working on an updated version of this project, taking some criticism from others. Stay tuned!
DeMarkay, deryn and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
AH
AntHarris867

The endcard basis for Sky One, Two and Three. This would be the nighttime endcard, while the daytime endcard would have a white background with the black Sky square logo.

What font did you use for the show title/where did you get it?
This is a really nice concept by the way. Although the highlights make Sky, Sky, I've never liked them. I think it adds unnecessary detail.
Last edited by AntHarris867 on 2 September 2020 4:16pm

Newer posts