TV Home Forum

Rolling In It

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Score
Sounds like this rated quite well given the slot, 3.4m apparently.
BR
Brekkie
For 6.30pm on a Saturday in August on one of the hottest days of the years that is very well indeed.
SC
Score
For 6.30pm on a Saturday in August on one of the hottest days of the years that is very well indeed.

It's very good, equated to a 27% share.

For comparison, The Voice Kids afterwards got 2.8m. On BBC1 it was 1.9m for Total Wipeout followed by 2.5m for Pointless Celebrities (all of which had later timeslots).
AS
Ash101
Pleasantly surprised by the numbers for this. I enjoyed it, nice format. Celebs felt a bit unnecessary, surely you could have pairs of contestants instead?

With numbers like that, makes you wonder why ITV kept it on the shelf for so long? You could easily film more by ditching celebs & having household pairs.
BR
Brekkie
This goes back to the other thread regarding sets and studios but with it being on the shelf so long I wonder how long they hold on elements of the set, and specifically the main machine itself - although that wouldn't be too hard to create as it's basically a ramp, conveyor belt and screen.
JO
Jonwo
It's hard to predict how shows will do, some that test really well sometimes end up being huge flops while shows which didn't test well and commissioners are not confident on end up being hits.
JO
Jon
TVMan posted:
The phone game is better than the show as it seems to have various different twists than weren’t in the tv version, says a lot really

I find the questions a bit obscure in the game, so it usually ends up being 1 in 3 guess.
Not high brow either just obscure knowledge needed.
TV
iloveTV1
Jon posted:
TVMan posted:
The phone game is better than the show as it seems to have various different twists than weren’t in the tv version, says a lot really

I find the questions a bit obscure in the game, so it usually ends up being 1 in 3 guess.
Not high brow either just obscure knowledge needed.

Yes same. I’m really enjoying the game on my phone.
:-(
A former member
Thoroughly enjoying this. First time I’ve caught it.
AN
Andrew Founding member
First time I’ve watched it as well, I think it’s a pretty decent format, and Stephen Mulhern keeps it all running smoothly and under control like he always does. I’d expect a second series.
Universal_r and DeMarkay gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
The show actually grew it's audience last night, adding 200k on the week before.
JA
JAS84
I suspect they can thank poor weather for that.

Newer posts