The Gallery

ITV Radio

If ITV were to buy Global Radio

OA
Owen A Granada North West Today
BBI45 posted:

Yeah. But in 10-20 years time when FM will.probably be switched off it's going to have less and less relevance. I think Capital should at least remove the frequency code

An example is Radio X, this used to be called XFM. Perhaps Capital FM will become Capital Radio, or simply Capital.

I can't actually recall a time when I've heard Capital referred to as Capital FM on air. Chances are it's happened in the past, but I can't remember it being called Capital FM on air in recent times.

Neither can I, though I'm not a regular Capital listener. It's just the branding I think that still incorporates 'FM'
@OwenABroadcast on Twitter!
DE
deryn Central Reporting Scotland
yes on air it is known as just capital
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
BBI45 posted:

An example is Radio X, this used to be called XFM. Perhaps Capital FM will become Capital Radio, or simply Capital.

I can't actually recall a time when I've heard Capital referred to as Capital FM on air. Chances are it's happened in the past, but I can't remember it being called Capital FM on air in recent times.

Neither can I, though I'm not a regular Capital listener. It's just the branding I think that still incorporates 'FM'

Yes, because it makes sense that in print people know it’s the radio station that’s being referred to. On air people already know they’re listening to a radio station. Classic FM’s a bit different because in conversation people would be more likely to refer to the FM as ‘Classic’ is a less distinctive word.
OA
Owen A Granada North West Today
Jon posted:
BBI45 posted:

Yes, because it makes sense that in print people know it’s the radio station that’s being referred to. On air people already know they’re listening to a radio station. Classic FM’s a bit different because in conversation people would be more likely to refer to the FM as ‘Classic’ is a less distinctive word.

My point previously was saying that instead of FM, the station could be called Capital Radio. (This is more logical and the step forward away from FM)
@OwenABroadcast on Twitter!
BBI45 and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
MO
Mockah Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I LOVE IT! Very Happy
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
The thought of ITV and Heart joining forces - god, that really would top off 2020.
Last edited by Brekkie on 12 August 2020 7:47pm
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
The thought of ITV and Heart joining forces - god, that really would top of 2020.

Not entirely unlikely though
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
LG
Looking Glass West Country (West) Spotlight
As I said previously, I do think the ITV Reem branding makes sense for the ITV Radio brand and I think ITV News would surely be the branding for the Newsroom (whether or not it would be mentioned on-air is another story) but I see it being done In the same way that GMB doesn’t have GMB News but uses the ITV branding.

I would be really interested to see you redesign the radio station’s branding as part of the move to the ITV family. As someone mentioned LBC can be quite controversial, so would this fit within ITV’s image?
AlfieMulcahy and BBI45 gave kudos

11 days later

DE
deryn Central Reporting Scotland
all looks good

26 days later

EM
Emily Moore Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I don't get the "biggest stations" thing. I'd probably leave the slogan off altogether.

TV channels don't do this. You don't get BBC One banging on about being "the biggest channel, number one for news and all your favourite entertainment across the UK". This sort of meaningless blethering about being the biggest, being #1, having the biggest coverage patch etc, seems to be unique to radio, for some reason.

There are quite a few stations that use "FM" that aren't on FM - Jazz FM springs to mind. It was on FM for a period, but that period ended well over a decade ago. It just means "radio" these days.
AlfieMulcahy and what gave kudos
RE
Rexogamer London London
TV channels don't do this. You don't get BBC One banging on about being "the biggest channel, number one for news and all your favourite entertainment across the UK". This sort of meaningless blethering about being the biggest, being #1, having the biggest coverage patch etc, seems to be unique to radio, for some reason.

I suspect that this is due to the fact that there are a lot more radio stations than TV channels (and therefore a lot of overlap with genres).
Arqiva, just switch to DVB-T2 already...
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
I don't get the "biggest stations" thing. I'd probably leave the slogan off altogether.

There are quite a few stations that use "FM" that aren't on FM - Jazz FM springs to mind. It was on FM for a period, but that period ended well over a decade ago. It just means "radio" these days.

Yeah I find the FM nonsense annyoing
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp

Newer posts