TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
According to Ben Shephard on GMB today, Tipping Point is back to filming within the next few days.
Last edited by Josh on 5 August 2020 2:44pm
BA
bilky asko
Score posted:
In For a Penny has started filming the next series today. Not a show I expected to be back filming so soon, so it'll be interesting to see how they have adapted it.

Bit tricky when most of us haven't paid in cash for months. Agree I'm surprised they've gone ahead with filming something which isn't in a controlled environment.

Contactless payments of 1p are entirely possible.
AN
Andrew Founding member
In for a Penny, it’s both one of those shows they can film quickly and easily to get more content in the can, but then also a show where they wouldn’t want to get to much in the can, as it would look very dated if the world ever goes fully back to normal.

It’ll be interesting to see how they do it as Stephen certainly doesn’t usually stay 2m from the punters, he’s often hardly 2cm away.
Last edited by Andrew on 5 August 2020 7:18pm
JO
Jonwo
Josh posted:
According to Ben Shephard on GMB today, Tipping Point is back to filming within the next few days.

Did they film any before lockdown? Will be interesting to see what changes they make to it, they've still got over 100 episodes in the can from the current series which they'll probably spread out from the Autumn.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I'm a Celeb will be in the UK from a ruined castle this year

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/im-celebrityget-me-out-here-moves-uk-2020
JA
JAS84
Soccer Aid will happen in September. Later than usual (it would've ordinarily happened already) and behind closed doors due to the pandemic.
https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/soccer-aid-unicef-returns-old-trafford-september
UB
UBox
As we know Tipping Point has returned to filming. Here's a look how the studio has been modified (taken from Instagram)

JO
Jonwo
Will be interesting how that looks on screen when the episodes air.

I wonder if they'll use the original layout for Lucky Stars as that's only three contestants and you would be able to keep them 2m apart easier than four contestants.
BR
Brekkie
Looks a similar solution to what The Chase Australia went with.
JO
Jon

Having the separate podiums probably makes it look less odd though. It’s more or less the same layout as Pointless has always had.
UB
UBox
It's a strange layout, almost looks like the contestants are behind each other which must make it awkward to see the machine too.
DJ
DJGM
Jon posted:

Having the separate podiums probably makes it look less odd though. It’s more or less the same layout as Pointless has always had.

Depends how it looks on screen when these new episodes are broadcast ... and BTW, they're not podiums!
#popularmisconception #pedantic
Wink

Newer posts