The Newsroom

New look STV News at Six

Debuts 10th September 2018 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
No reason it won't remain - the restrictions are no worse than the original restrictions where news programming continued.
GL
globaltraffic24
The restrictions are no worse, but as this is a local lockdown, things are a little different. People from outwith Aberdeen are being discouraged from travelling into the city. (There is talk police will start to enforce fines if the advice is ignored). I can't speak for the whole team but I believe Andrea lives in Angus. With that in mind, we might see a slight tweaking of presenters. We shouldn't see anything significantly different on-screen as journalists are classed as key workers, and reporters are largely working from home. However, it'll be a bit of a logistical pain for STV, happening on the week that Aberdeen is in charge of the output!
UN
Universal_r
Today’s lunchtime bulletin has to be one of the shortest I’ve seen in a while they ran one story that was extremely short and then went to the weather.

Is the programme only coming from Aberdeen this week?
BA
Ballyboy
How long is it usually? 3 mins?
UN
Universal_r
How long is it usually? 3 mins?

I think so, it may have just been me but it felt shorter than that.
GM
Gary McEwan
Today’s lunchtime bulletin has to be one of the shortest I’ve seen in a while they ran one story that was extremely short and then went to the weather.

Is the programme only coming from Aberdeen this week?

Yeah Aberdeen this week.
UN
Universal_r
Is it going back to Glasgow next week? I think it’s a lot better coming form Aberdeen because of the HD output and at the end when the lights go out over the desk and the camera zooms out behind the other cameras is a nice touch.
GM
Gary McEwan
Is it going back to Glasgow next week? I think it’s a lot better coming form Aberdeen because of the HD output and at the end when the lights go out over the desk and the camera zooms out behind the other cameras is a nice touch.

Aberdeen has always dimmed the lights at the end of the bulletin, even going back to the days of Grampian and North Tonight.
UN
Universal_r

Aberdeen has always dimmed the lights at the end of the bulletin, even going back to the days of Grampian and North Tonight.

I wonder why it’s not done on the central programme’s
GM
Gary McEwan

I wonder why it’s not done on the central programme’s

For Central, they've always kept the lights up going back to Scotland Today in the mid 90s.

Different production teams have their own way of doing things I guess.
UN
Universal_r
Is there any news on when Glasgow will move to HD output I assume they’ll have to wait until Edinburgh gets HD cameras because of the central programme it would be strange to have one segment in HD and the next on not in HD.
UN
Universal_r
Now is probably the best time to upgrade the Edinburgh studio since it is not needed but because of social distancing it might be a bit more difficult.

Newer posts