The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Are you sure about this, Jack? It would be a pleasant offering if they did go for a joint double-headed broadcast in the mornings, and even better if it were from Studio B.

But, those scenarios don’t really fit with the consolidation plans, nor with the cost-cutting exercise in progress to further reduce the number of presenters in the schedules.

However, I’m very happy to be proven wrong, Jack. I’ll be delighted in fact.

But......
AndrewPSSP, cmthwtv and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
Yes doesn't really make sense to me. Doubt Victoria would be to pleased about being dumped off of BBC One and Two. And I also doubt they would be using a "mouth balled" studio. Although it sounds like a good idea - I can't really see it happening.
JF
JF World News
Are you sure about this, Jack? It would be a pleasant offering if they did go for a joint double-headed broadcast in the mornings, and even better if it were from Studio B.

But, those scenarios don’t really fit with the consolidation plans, nor with the cost-cutting exercise in progress to further reduce the number of presenters in the schedules.

However, I’m very happy to be proven wrong, Jack. I’ll be delighted in fact.

But......

James the savings good point not my best idea
NE
News96
And it doesn't fit with current arrangements as the NC and World now separate at 12:00pm.
SP
Spectacular1
Does anybody know who the British sign language interpreters are on the BBC News at One on the NC? Are they BBC staff coming from a free screen studio elsewhere in the building? It would be nice if they got some recognition!
TE
Technologist
I think they are RedBee staff in the Broadcast Centre ....

But these doing Access Services are rarely credited ...
There is no personal credit for the captioners ( subtitling )
And I don't think the Describers self credit either.
IS
Inspector Sands
Click's Kate Russell 'retires' from the programme to set up a streaming service about Ferrets:

bilky asko and uktvwatcher gave kudos
CU
Custard56
You've got to admire the way in which the BBC is continually on a mission to self-destruct, the latest crisis being the appallingly misjudged use of the racist n-word in a Points West / BBC News channel report, which has seen a 1Xtra DJ quit in disgust.

What on earth were these so-called editors thinking? Talk about asleep at the wheel. Has any other broadcast media organisation been so utterly irresponsible?

One crisis after another, now almost on a weekly basis - and complete ammunition for BBC detractors. May as well do away with the corporation now.

You can just seen the headlines now: "Over-75s refuse to pay licence fee to racist BBC"
Last edited by Custard56 on 8 August 2020 7:26pm - 4 times in total
ST
Stuart
You've got to admire the way in which the BBC is continually on a mission to self-destruct, the latest crisis being the appallingly misjudged use of the racist n-word in a Points West / BBC News channel report, which has seen a 1Xtra DJ quit in disgust.

I'm sure that can't be classed as a 'crisis' when reporting a news story. It was even preceded by the statement "This report includes racially offensive language".

Furthermore:
Quote:
"The victim's family were anxious the incident should be seen and understood by the wider public.

"It's for this reason they asked us specifically to show the photos of this man's injuries and were also determined that we should report the racist language, in full, alleged to have been spoken by the occupants of the car."

However, I'm sure your attitude will help fan the flames for those who see being 'permanently offended' as a profession.

Can you give examples of the other crises "almost on a weekly basis" in which the BBC have been embroiled?
Last edited by Stuart on 8 August 2020 7:57pm - 4 times in total
PA
Parker
Some DJ does a DLT because he doesn't agree with something. Not really news. If you get offended by a report which was highlighting offensiveness then you are not going to survive long n this world.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Click's Kate Russell 'retires' from the programme to set up a streaming service about Ferrets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vcQkdt42Q

A shame, Kate was the last redeeming aspect of Click. It's becoming the Lara Lewington show in all but name these days.
ST
Stuart
I remember Kate from back in the [.tv] days. I hadn't seen her much on Click for a while.

Newer posts