The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
By the way, last night I saw a new promo for Erin Burnett's awful show which in the end says it airs from Tuesday till Saturday at 01.00 cet which means it's here to stay. Up until now, she had her weekend special CNNI show and only had one, terrible promo, for it.
:-(
A former member
Why is it awful? Seen it a few times, seems alright to me, not much more to it that her presenting the news.
JO
Jon
Why is it awful? Seen it a few times, seems alright to me, not much more to it that her presenting the news.

That poster doesn’t seem to like anything on CNN as it has different political leanings to him.
GI
ginnyfan
It's awful the same way 80% of CNN US is awful. Talking head anchors forcing us their opinions and having silly panels with same bunch of people on same topics day after day. There is NO real news there.

CNNI needs a new management and people who will have enough guts to confront Zucker and bring this channel back its independence and international perspectve it used to have. This of course is impossible since its Zucker who decides who runs CNNI.
NE
Newsroom
By the way, last night I saw a new promo for Erin Burnett's awful show which in the end says it airs from Tuesday till Saturday at 01.00 cet which means it's here to stay. Up until now, she had her weekend special CNNI show and only had one, terrible promo, for it.

I think Erin is one of CNN's bigger assets, big fan of hers, but it's insane If they're adding another hour of live US programming to the International schedule, which is exactly what this is, then it's a ridiculous and baffling move.
NE
Newsroom
Has Julia missed a day since the whole COVID19 situation started? She's the only one that's been on air non stop which is strange since her show is certainly not necessary during this whole period.

She's being utilised on Domestic way too much as well as barely taking any time off since CV began. She's on 'New Day' most mornings even when they've got Christine Romans in the building.
GI
ginnyfan
Hopefully she can transition to domestic, over time.... But then again,that wouldn't really take her off our screens since Domestic = International now.

She replaced Maggie Lake. Shocked The no nonsense, uber-pro Maggie Lake. It's still hard to comprehend that act of madness.....
NE
Newsroom
Hopefully she can transition to domestic, over time.... But then again,that wouldn't really take her off our screens since Domestic = International now.

She replaced Maggie Lake. Shocked The no nonsense, uber-pro Maggie Lake. It's still hard to comprehend that act of madness.....

I was go gutted to see Maggie Lake axed from the network. It was appalling the way she was dropped. It'll be Christine Romans next. Chatterley appears on more shows than any other business correspondent.
BF
BFGArmy

The issue from what I can see is other than Erin saying 'Outfront' a lot it's not hugely different from any of the other hours. Whether it's Anderson's hour,Cuomo's show, Don Lemon, Erin or Wolf it all essentially feels the same content and constant talking heads - just the talking heads slightly change.

CNNI airing a few of those feels fair enough but the current situation where from 9pm UK time it's basically US output for 7 hours feels lazy (especially since as others have mentioned it's not like BBC News/World where the content is fairly like with like ). The Domestic output provides next to no international news.
Jeffmister and ginnyfan gave kudos
EX
excel99
Has Julia missed a day since the whole COVID19 situation started? She's the only one that's been on air non stop which is strange since her show is certainly not necessary during this whole period.

She has had some time off as Richard Quest has covered
GI
ginnyfan
Well at least today we have 3 hours of Hala (6-8 pm CET plus 9-10 pm).
MA
Meridian AM

She has had some time off as Richard Quest has covered

Yes, Richard did First Move for a week last month.

Newer posts