The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
Anyone else think that Tina is far far better than she used to be?

She is absolutely fantastic. Definitely future Ten anchor material when one of the current gang steps down in about 15 years time if you ask me. Watch this space.

The BBC in 15 years 😂😂😂 don't be silly.

Haha. I was being sarcastic because (despite being guilty of it myself in the past) I'm getting a little fed up of some people constantly sucking up to newsreaders. Yes they're very talented people, but they're just doing their job. They haven't found a cure for Covid.
London Lite and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
AN
Anthony_1984
And it seems we have a new name to add in terms of Political Correspondents-Tony Bonsingore (unless he's from one of the regions) as he's covering the story about the unnamed Tory MP that has been arrested.

He's certainly been on the national news before.

I assume that at the weekends, there is a rota where all the Political Correspondents take it in turns to be on duty.

I assume he works for the political unit at Millbank - he certainly regularly appears as a reporter from there on local radio.
CM
cmthwtv
Former Ireland Correspondent, most notable for his reporting during the peace process in Ireland, is appearing on the 10 paying tribute to John Hume.
CH
Chuda
I’ve just been watching thatcher documentary on iPlayer and during the 2nd episode there’s an old report from a Well known ex BBC reporter but for the life of me I can’t remember his name. Don’t suppose anyone has watched it and knows who I mean?
RN
Rolling News
Chuda posted:
I’ve just been watching thatcher documentary on iPlayer and during the 2nd episode there’s an old report from a Well known ex BBC reporter but for the life of me I can’t remember his name. Don’t suppose anyone has watched it and knows who I mean?

How far into the episode is it?
CM
cmthwtv
Former Ireland Correspondent, most notable for his reporting during the peace process in Ireland, is appearing on the 10 paying tribute to John Hume.

Of course I forget to add his blimin' name... Denis Murray.
CH
Chuda
About 34 mins
SW
Steve Williams
Chuda posted:
About 34 mins

It's John Simpson! During his brief and unhappy spell as Political Editor.
CH
Chuda
That’s it! For some reason I couldn’t remember his name. Thanks.
JF
JF World News
Sebastian Usher has credited as a Middle East Analysis not BBC Middle East Regional Editor? Has he left BBC or just a mistake (expect latter)
LX
lxflyer
He’s still at the BBC - his title varies (Editor / Analyst).

He’s just been live on BBC World Service radio.
AS
AlexS
He’s still at the BBC - his title varies (Editor / Analyst).

He’s just been live on BBC World Service radio.

Is he another one of those like Celia Hatton who have an editor title when on World Service, but are specifically referred to as world service regional editors on online pieces and use a different title for other broadcast outlets (presumably because they have a completely different role to those who editor titles on air on such outlets, as these people are London Newsroom based journalists rather than out in the field)?

Newer posts