The Gallery

Sky Channel Rebrands

A rebrand for the Sky channels. (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Mockah
I quite like it! Very Happy
VA
valley
Flat logos for many the channel logos do exist - most commonly seen on Sky Sports’ YouTube channels, but they exist for most of the channel logos (if not all). You just don’t see them.
Lovely rebrand concept, though.
GT
GraemeT
I have to say I think there’s way too much black? Feels uninspiring all together?
RE
Rexogamer
The gloss is unique but in my honest opinion pretty ugly. These logos look pretty modern and I like em. 4/5
MI
Michael
Ironically the one Sky Sports logo that could be black is the F1 one.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
I have to say I think there’s way too much black? Feels uninspiring all together?

...so what do I do to change it?
JL
J. Lyric
Maybe you could take the rectangle thing they've got right now and adapt that to your ideas.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
More logos: this time for Sky Betting and Gaming.

JL
J. Lyric
The Sky logo looks a bit off-center. Move it to the right a little bit.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
It looks fine to me.
Rexogamer and DeMarkay gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
The Sky logo looks a bit off-center. Move it to the right a little bit.

Having taken a closer look at the logos, there are actually more plain black pixels to the left of the 's' in 'sky' than there are to the right of the 'y', meaning the logo is actually fractionally to the right of centre within in the black box, so if Nancer was aiming to make it exactly central, the opposite of this instruction would be needed, though it's such a minimal margin that it's really not worth changing. Appears perfectly central to my eye and looks good as it is. Interesting to see the Sky logos sans 'shine' and split instead of grouped. Interesting way to go, Nancer.
Rexogamer and DeMarkay gave kudos
JL
J. Lyric
Alright. I've been shot down.

Disregard everything I've said.

You may continue, Nancer.

[and david - you're right about the position thing - i checked, and it was my eyes deceiving me]
Last edited by J. Lyric on 3 August 2020 12:19am

Newer posts