The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
We lost the sound on Dateline for a minute just after Carrie Gracie introduced the programme.

I note there are only 2 (rather than the new normal of 3) guests on the programme today; one DTL and one (Lyse) in the studio.

Dateline always had 4 guests but reduced to 3 when it went remote. Now 2?
ST
Stuart
Same on the news channel. Camera stuck zoomed in it seems and trundle/wide failed to move.

Perhaps trundle cam has COVID-19, and is feeling rather sluggish? Shocked
:-(
A former member
We lost the sound on Dateline for a minute just after Carrie Gracie introduced the programme.

I note there are only 2 (rather than the new normal of 3) guests on the programme today; one DTL and one (Lyse) in the studio.

If it’s the one I saw recently, they lost the line to one of the DTL guests right at the beginning.
JW
JamesWorldNews

If it’s the one I saw recently, they lost the line to one of the DTL guests right at the beginning.

You’re right. I guess I missed that part at the beginning when my sound dropped out.

And the remaining DTL guest also froze towards the end of the programme.

It’s a risk when relying entirely on remote guests when the tech fails!

If there had been no studio guest, Carrie would have had to give us an impromptu news summary! 😜

8 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Maryam Moshiri. Studio A made to look like C, with the desk of B?

JA
Jamesypoo
No that's just Studio A

Image © BBC News
Last edited by Jamesypoo on 18 August 2020 8:14pm
CM
cmthwtv
I remember at the start of the pandemic when they were doing some of the press conference news specials in A - and Ben Brown was always looking in the wrong direction when talking to a guest down the line. And when you could see how green screen it was when a female correspondent with longer hair came on.
RK
Rkolsen
I haven’t been on in about a week. Is there single post that lists what presenters were cut, shows axed (or rebranded) and simulcasts?
CM
cmthwtv
I haven’t been on in about a week. Is there single post that lists what presenters were cut, shows axed (or rebranded) and simulcasts?

No, no, and sort of. There was a press release that said something along the lines of "the two channels will continue to join together in the mornings and evenings"
RK
Rkolsen

No, no, and sort of. There was a press release that said something along the lines of "the two channels will continue to join together in the mornings and evenings"

So nothing really different yet. All I’m thinking is now if they’re simulcasting more it will open the slot for the NBC Sky World News or CNN International to take over a larger share of the international viewers and maybe Sky will gain UK viewers.
Jeffmister and Rolling News gave kudos

15 days later

RN
Rolling News
No that's just Studio A

If you're going to use my pictures, please credit me. Thanks.

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1015917#post-1015917
JW
JamesWorldNews
Nothing worse than when your thingy goes on the blink.

Toasty603, Rexogamer and Stuart gave kudos

Newer posts